Cosy nest in a bright and spacious typical Montreal apartment. It is ideally located at the junction of the two trendiest neighbourhoods in the city – Mile End and Plateau – and directly at the foot of the Mont-Royal mountain. Perfect for the solo traveler or couple looking for the authentic Montreal experience.
The apartment is located on SAINT-URBAIN ST. on the corner of MONT-ROYAL AVE.
It is on the top floor of a centennial red brick three-storey walk-up with emblematic outdoor wrought-iron staircase.
The apartment has been well-maintained throughout the years and has beautiful hard wood floors, high ceilings and the original mouldings in the hall and living room which gives it that original Montreal cachet.
The guest room is located at the back of the apartment with a window onto the backyard, therefore offering privacy and calm.
It has a double/full bed with clean beddings (duvet, pillows and sheets). We also provide clean towels.
It also has a clothing rack with hangers and a narrow 5-drawer chest (not shown in the pictures as it was just added).
I’ve been living in this apartment for the last 6 years and Léa has been my roommate for the past 4. The apartment is very spacious, so it never feels crowded. We pride ourselves in keeping the place clean and tidy at all times and we’re constantly trying to improve and upgrade the decor with new pieces of furniture, objects, art work, or plants.
You’ll have access to all the common areas in the apartment.
The eat-in kitchen is fairly spacious and is stocked with all the essentials: pots, pans, dishes, etc. It is right next to your room and you are very welcome to use it at your convenience. We have an electric kettle and a stove-top coffee maker and we always stock coffee and a selection of tea that you can choose from. As far as food, we don’t provide any but we reserve some pantry and fridge space for you, if you need it.
Off of the kitchen is a large balcony. In season, we set up a table and chairs and we have a small gas BBQ grill.
We try to keep the bathroom clean at all times. It is not the newest bathroom but it is large and functioning with good water pressure.
The living room is a comfortable area to read, use your computer or unwind after a long day. We have a small selection of books and magazines that you are welcome to look at.
Finally, we have a laundry room with a washer and dryer at the back of the apartment that you can use if you need to. It doubles as a storage room and you are welcome to leave your luggage there to free up your room.
Interaction with guests
We like to respect the privacy of our guests but we are friendly and open to a good chat. We can also offer good recommendations on what to do and what to see, as well as restaurants, cafés, bars, shopping, etc. As a Montreal native, I know the city quite well and some of its best kept secrets.
Other things to note
Nous parlons aussi français.
We are LGBTQ friendly.
- Check-in is at 3pm, and check-out is by 11am. Arriving slightly earlier, or want that extra hour to sleep? Should be fine, but please check with us first.
- You are welcome to use our kitchen with all its pots, pans, dishes, etc. However, we ask that you clean up and do the dishes when you're done eating, so that we can all enjoy a clean and tidy kitchen.
- As stated above, you are not allowed to smoke inside the apartment. However, you are welcome to smoke on the balcony (which is right next to the guest room).
- To be considerate to the other roommates and neighbours, we kindly ask to keep things on the quieter-side after 10pm. We’ll make sure to reciprocate the favour. :)
- We ask that you kindly respect our maximum occupancy requirement of 2 people. If you want to invite a friend over for lunch or dinner, it shouldn’t be a problem but please check with us first.
- Upon your arrival, we will provide you with a key of the apartment. We kindly ask that you make sure to lock the door whenever you leave the apartment to ensure both our stuff and yours is safe.
I'm a freelance graphic designer and music curator living in Montreal. I'm not an extrovert but I get along with people easily. I’d say that I'm open-minded and curious. I have friends of all ages, backgrounds and orientations.
I was born and raised in Montreal. My mom's French (Parisian) and my dad's French Canadian. Hence my heart floats somewhere between Europe and North America.
I love travelling and I lived in Berlin for two years ; a great city and a great experience. For now I'm back in Montreal but who knows, maybe I'll move away again.
I'm vey much into music, films, design, photography, visual arts, fashion, architecture, politics and philosophy, meeting new people and discovering new places.