Lakeview/Southport Corridor/Wrigleyville is one of the safest and most exciting places in the city. Our 2 unit building is on a quiet tree-lined street, away from the rowdiness and noise of the party streets but still affords you walking access to a huge variety of exceptional restaurants, bars, outdoor activities, entertainment, and an 11 minute walk to Wrigley Field. Our apartment is a great home base to get around the whole city and also relax away from the crowds.
We have been part of the Lakeview fabric for over 30 years. We bought our 1890's house over 20 years ago and rehabbed it then. The apartment has 10 foot ceilings and is duplexed down (2 floors) into the garden level where the 2nd and 3rd bedrooms are located. If you played college basketball, you may have to duck your head a bit downstairs.
Our street is very quiet and neighborly, (many on the street raised their kids here - including us), but close enough to walk to the areas that makes our neighborhood so vibrant.
Access to the Southport stop on the Brown line "L" is 3 minutes by foot, which will get you to the apartment or all over the city; but why go anywhere else, Lakeview/Southport Corridor has it all. :)
Outside the back door, you will have access to a large deck with a table and chairs where you can enjoy a glass of wine in our quaint backyard. In winter, have a wine and a snowball fight!
If it is warm out, check our garden in the backyard. Anything we are growing is yours also (usually basil (ahh Pesto), mint, rosemary, jalapeños etc.).
If you are taking a break from restaurant hopping, our kitchen is well stocked for cooking along with a stove/oven, microwave, refrigerator and other small appliances (coffee maker, tea kettle, blender etc.).
Interaction with guests
Our in home “Welcome Book” will give you many recommendations for the neighborhood (restaurants, bars, activities, shopping, theater etc). We are Airbnb'ers too, so we have met many different hosts. Our style is fluid; if you need anything or recommendations, we can help. If you are here to chill, that is alright with us too. We are here to give you the support you prefer!
Other things to note
Lakeview is activity oriented and kid-friendly. Run or bike the lakeshore, play beach volleyball, kayak the river, grab a city shared-bike and explore the 606 trail and different neighborhoods. Take the "L" down to our world class museums or an architectural tour on the Chicago River.
We have many kid friendly parks with the newest located 1 block away, which was paid for by the neighborhood families and the Cubs - it is awesome!
Parking is available on the streets, but is restricted to permits from 6p-6a and Cub games. We can help you with this.
Additionally, parking garages are nearby and parking services apps such as Spothero and ParkWhiz are very helpful and reasonable.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
- All bookings require a security deposit of $300 or more. You will not be charged for this in advance.
- Guests can cancel within 24 hours of booking and receive a full refund, or cancel anytime up to seven days before the start of your trip and receive a 50% refund. Trips cancelled fewer than seven days in advance are not eligible for refunds.
- Check-in time is any time after 3 pm. Check-out time is any time before 11 am. You're welcome to request an early check in or late checkout, but this is not guaranteed and we can only confirm 24 hours in advance.
- We do not allow smoking or vaping in the apartment, front steps, back deck, backyard. Breaking this rule will incur a $300 fine.
- No pets. If a pet is in the apartment you agree to a $150 fine per night, Plus cost of professional cleaning service -
- Parties or excessive noise are not allowed in the unit. Quiet hours are 10pm to 7:30 am
- If the unit is left in an exceptionally messy state, we will charge $40 for every extra hour of cleaning required.
- Guests are not allowed to book a stay in their city of residence.
- Guests take full responsibility for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on the premises or its facilities. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises. Guests recognize that they may personally purchase insurance to protect themselves in such events.
- If more guests sleep at a location than the number originally stated in the booking, the security deposit will be charged in full.
- If you notice anything that presents a danger that could result in damage to the location or to any individuals, let us know immediately.
- If guests delay the cleaners from beginning their cleaning at the predetermined check-out time, guests will be charged $50. This fee is applied to any late checkout between 11 am and 1 pm. Any guest who is still in the location after 1 pm will be charged for an extra night. This does not apply if we approved a late checkout in advance.
- When you make a reservation with us, you are agreeing to all of the above House Rules.
Trish and I met in Chicago and have been living here for a long time. We raised our daughter here and love our quaint and quiet neighborhood. Some of our passions are travel when we can, music (plenty of options here) sports (especially the Cubs and Blackhawks), and the food scene.
We really enjoy using Airbnb when we travel since you truly get the flavor of the neighborhood/city you are staying in.
We believe staying in our apartment will serve as a great home base not only in Lakeview but all over Chicago.