Garden apartment in the daylight lower level of our house. Separate entry through our large garden. Lake Washington views with comfortable living space for up to 6 people and short walk to lake and parks. 3 bedrooms (multiple bed arrangements) and two baths with large living room containing many books, 60" TV, cable and DVD. with coffee bar and small appliances but no formal kitchen or cooking. Computer/WiFi. Near Transit w/ off-street parking for 1 car & on-street parking.
Three bedrooms and two bathrooms (one with two sinks and a tub/shower and one with a shower) opening out to our big vegetable, flower and perennial garden make this a great place for families or business colleagues traveling together to congregate with views of Lake Washington and Mt Rainier. Just a half block to a great small local lakefront park and a half mile walk to Seward Park, an astounding peninsula park jutting out into the lake with old growth trees. Comfortable living room with large TV to hang out in if the weather isn't perfect (that can happen). Close to the bus and light rail which will take you pretty much anywhere in Seattle, this is a quiet residential neighborhood within walking distance to five synagogues (and within the eruv).
The small coffee bar has a small refrigerator/freezer and some small appliances including a microwave, toaster oven, Keurig coffee maker and electric tea kettle. It is suitable for cold breakfasts and lunch and is ideal for bringing in food from our local restaurants. There is no kitchen sink or fan so it is not appropriate for cooking or hot meal preparation.
There is absolutely no smoking of any kind in the unit and absolutely no tobacco use of any kind around the house.
You have a separate entrance to our entire lower level where our 3 children grew up. You are to free walk the garden and access our covered front porch and swing seat with views of Mt. Rainier.
This unit is not handicap accessible. The path is not appropriate for a wheelchair.
Interaction with guests
We will leave you alone but will be around to ensure that your stay is successful, that you know how to get around and supply suggestions on where to go.
Other things to note
By car it is 17 minutes both to SeaTac Airport and the downtown (exclusive of traffic). The light rail station at Othello is just one mile from our home. The light rail will take you both to and from the airport (south of us) and north to many stops including the stadiums, downtown, Capital Hill and the University of Washington.
- Quiet Hours - 10p-6a
- Infants and children in diapers are welcome only with prior written (email) consent through the AirBnB communications system and with specific arrangements.
- ALL infants and children are welcome only as paying "extra guests". They are not free.
- ADA certified Service Animals are welcome but only with prior verification and written (email) consent through the AirBnB communications system. Comfort Animals are not allowed.
- Strict Seattle Rules regarding Garbage, Recycling, Food and Yard Waste must be followed. Dirty diapers are the guest's responsibility. They must be separated and disposed of off property.
- Food Waste, Recycling and Garbage containers are located next to the garage on the north side of of the house. If the receptacles inside the unit fill up during your stay, please empty the receptacles yourself in the appropriate bins.
- We monitor our wireless connection for illegal activity so please refrain from anything you would not want law enforcement to know about.
- There is NO hot meal preparation allowed. Cold meals and "take-in" only.
- There is no smoking of any kind inside the unit.
- There is no tobacco smoking of any kind anywhere in the vicinity of the house.
- All tobacco products (butts, chew, etc) must be disposed of off-property by the guests. Any used tobacco products found in the garbage either inside or outside will count against the security and damage deposit.
- Please contact us directly to discuss any stay over 7 nights prior to booking.
- No non-paying extra people are allowed into the property without express, written permission through the AirBnB communications system.
- We are quite serious about these house rules so please read them carefully, you are agreeing to abide by them.