Founded in 2010, Classic Camper Holidays is a small, family-run VW Campervan rental company based in the beautiful Scottish Borders, offering a friendly yet professional service.
Oliver is one of our VW T5's, he's manual, takes diesel, sleeps 3 adults or a family of 4 inside the van, awnings available for extra sleeping/living space.
Explore Scotland in Style and wake up to a new view every morning! We look forward to welcoming you on a holiday you’ll always remember, for the right reasons.
- Pop-up roof
- 2 double beds
- 4 seats with seat belts
- Sink and 2-ring gas hob with 2 gas canisters included
- Electric Fridge freezer (for use on and off campsites)
- Integral electric/gas heater
- CD/Radio with integrated SatNav, bluetooth, USB socket, aux socket & aux cable
- 12v leisure battery and charging sockets for use when driving and wild camping.
- 240v mains hook-up system & 3-pin sockets
- Sun Canopy, wind break, chairs for outside
- torch and lantern
- levelling wheel chocks
- Fire Extinguisher, Fire blanket, 1st Aid kit & Breakdown safety kit
- 2017 Collins Big Road Atlas, Local maps, Scottish campsites maps
- Small kettle
- Frying pan, saucepan and pot with lid
- Grater, potato peeler, scissors, wooden spoons, colander, mixing bowl
- Melamine crockery and mugs, plastic tumblers & wine glasses, set of 4
- Cutlery, set of 6
- Tin/bottle opener & corkscrew
- Chopping board and knife
- Oven mitt, tea towel & hand towel
- Cleaning kit: Washing-up bowl, sponge, cloth, dish brush, washing-up liquid & surface spray
-Tin foil, string & matches
- Small supply of: salt, pepper, sugar, cooking oil
- The Campervan Cookbook
Optional Extra Equipment
.....available to help make things even more comfortable:
- Scottish Camping Map (sent out to you in advance) - £8
- Camping with Kids Book (sent out to you in advance) - £6
- Bike rack (holds 3 bikes) - £2.50 (per night)
- Selection of travel games - £4
- Picnic rug - £4
- Camping loo - £2.50 (per night)
- Privacy Tent - £10
(useful with camping loo or as an extra private changing space)
- Double linen set: Double duvet, Fitted sheet, 2 pillows, 2 towels - £20
- Sleeping bag set: single sleeping bag, pillow and blanket - £10
- Single size air mattress (inc. foot pump) -£5
- Extra Blanket - £4
- Awning - £40
- Folding outside table - £5
- Pets (up to 2) - £25
- Collision Damage Waiver - £20 (per night) - extra insurance which means you have no excess to pay in the unlikely event of an Insurance Claim having to be made.
Interaction with guests
We are on the end of the phone for the duration of your hire if any questions or problems.
Other things to note
The basic cost of hire includes fully comprehensive insurance for up to 3 named drivers, Roadside Rescue, gas for cooking, mileage of 150 per night of hire paid (averaged over your hire), free parking with us for your car, free Priveleged Membership with the Camping & Caravanning Club, plus our extensive equipment list. The only thing you may wish to pay extra for are our optional Extras, designed to make your holiday even easier!
If you're booking for your wedding or honeymoon, booking for 2 weeks or more, looking to purchase a gift voucher, etc, don't forget to ask for our special offers to see if we have any discounts available!
INSURANCE: If you're between the ages of 23 and 75, have had a drivers licence for at least 2 years, have not had any more than 6 penalty points on your licence in the last 3 years and have not been refused insurance in the past then you may almost certainly rent one of our vans. Licence checks and proof of address are required before and/or at the time of collection.
- Leave Oliver as you find him!