Step inside 605 MOD, a one of a kind architectural dream home that was created by local AIA member Poldi Hirsch in 1969 for her family. Enjoy the space with it's originality or step outside for a brief walk to Tyding's park, the water, restaurants, shops, museums and more. Comfortable, single bedroom with private bath and plenty of space to curl up with your favorite book. Our place is good for couples, solo adventures and business travelers.
**We do have 4 hairless cats that are VERY friendly.
5,000 sq ft home with access to kitchen, shared tv space, living room, down stairs ping pong table, dart board, washer/dryer and reading nook. Feel at home while away from home. Also have option for long term rental if you need a place for extended period of time and discuss prices. Dresser and closet in bedroom. Bathroom is no longer private it will be shared our long term quiet roommate starting 9/2/2017.
We do have 4 hairless cats that have access to the whole home, we keep the guest room door closed to keep them out.
10 minute drive to APG, 10 minute drive to Amtrak station, 1 hours drive to Baltimore or Philadelphia.
Washer, dryer, dishwasher , dishes, silverware, tv, furnished rooms, etc.
Interaction with guests
Up to the guest, if you have a question I will do my best to find out the answer.
Other things to note
We ask guest to respect the home as well as shared space. Clean up after one's self in the bathrooms and kitchen.
- No shoes in house
- No smoking in the home.
- Food and meals are not included
- House rules are listed in the guest bathroom. Please read upon arrival.
- Please take off shoes when entering the home and place them in the shoe area or off to the side in the entry way.
- Please be respectful and mindful our personal items, food, and cars as well as neighbor's homes and cars. (Driving slow down the street is appreciated by the community)
- Parking in front of house every day except 1st and 3rd Monday of each month between 1-3 pm for street cleaning.
- Please notify host immediately if something is broke, runs out or is not working.
- Please let host know estimated arrival time, allowing them proper time to get home from work or do their best to be available to greet you.
- Please notify host if you have any allergies.
- Smoking outside by street only.
- Coasters are to be used at all times.
We (Greta and Will) have been living in Maryland for 2+ years, transplants from Philadelphia, PA and fell in love with Havre de Grace, MD. We recently purchased our mid-century home and would love to share with you some of it's quirkiness. We look forward to welcoming you into our home.
We love our cats, eating all the foods and all things vintage. We love to travel together and have been to Bali, Singapore and Dubai. We look forward to our next trip in a faraway land.
Will has been to Peru, Argentina and Bolivia & Greta Costa Rica and all US states but 12. Don't forget Canada!
We enjoy staying in Airbnb's and boutique hotels, live like a local and stay away from the touristy spots. If you know of a mom & pop restaurant with 2 tables and the best curry in town, please send over the address!