We welcome you to stay in our large, cozy in-law suite. Its expansive main window overlooks a beautiful koi pond, as well as a clear view of Salem's Mill Creek. Enjoy these sights while relaxing in our hammock or chair swing. Salem's downtown, Willamette University and the fairgrounds are all in walking/biking distance. At night, take in a magical view of the many garden lights throughout. You will have use of a full private bathroom, a washer/dryer, and, in the bedroom, a TV, kitchen and wifi.
Our serene pond and waterfront setting is the perfect place to escape the city, yet it is within walking and biking distance to Salem's downtown attractions, university and the state fairgrounds. You can have the best of both worlds with our idyllic space. There is a coded private entrance that is well-lit at night for guests arriving after dark and parking for two vehicles. The TV is set up with Netflix, HBO, Hulu, Amazon and several other entertainment offerings.
Guests will have access to the basement suite (includes sink, mini-fridge, microwave, coffee maker and dishes) the laundry room, and a full bathroom. There is a loveseat in the space near the tv. Guests will also have access to relax and dine on the lower deck at the covered patio table in our tranquil backyard.
Interaction with guests
Whenever possible, we make a point to be available when a guest arrives to introduce ourselves, show them to the room and assist with any luggage. Throughout the stay, we are available 24 hours a day to respond to any requests, and are always happy to recommend local restaurants, pubs, shops and other preferred attractions.
Other things to note
Our home is located straight at the end of Wander Way. Our house number is displayed both in the front yard next to the arched trellis and next to the front door.
Litter boxes are regularly cleaned and kept below the red stairs to the hosts' level. To prevent our 2 curious cats from accessing your bedroom and bathroom, keep all basement level doors closed during your stay. Although we take great effort to mitigate any odor, guests will occasionally catch notice of the liter box smell while briefly going from the bedroom to the bathroom. Please keep this in mind if you're unfamiliar with cats, or especially bothered by these smells.
- Smoking permitted outside only with safe disposal of butts/ashes.
- Keep noise at a respectful volume after 10pm
- Do not flush feminine hygeine products. Please dispose of them discreetly and safely. This also includes feminine/baby wipes. Only toilet paper and human waste may be flushed down the toilet.
- Ensure exterior door is locked and lights/appliances are all turned off when you are not in the room.
- Personal belongings must remain in guest spaces.
- No fires may be set on the property.
- Guests are expected to dispose of their rubbish in the appropriate bins
-Place used towels in the basket on top of the dryer. If you stay multiple nights, we will set out fresh towels for you. Keep wet towels off of the beds and couch.
- Guests may wash and dry one load of their personal clothing per 2 nights and are expected to use their own detergent/softener. Heavily soiled items are prohibited. The Maytag laundromat across the street can accommodate those situations.
- If needed, please follow our requests to adjust your parking so that our neighbors are not inconvenienced during your stay.