Quaint cozy cabin located in the Hudson Valley, approx 90 miles north of NYC on our 11 acre property on a 125 acre lake at the base of Stissing Mountain.
We use the main house many weekends in the summer but the guest cabin (see photo located down the driveway from the main house walking distance to the lake) is available rent from early May through Halloween.
Stissing Lake is a gorgeous swimming lake. You can swim from the dock into the open waters to the swimming platform which is shared with the main house.
Since we do have vegetable garden, flower garden and a dozen chickens from time to time, we have learned from past experience it might not be for guests with severe allergies. The cabin does not have heat and is closed during winter.
We have a couple kayaks, a canoe, fishing rods, swimming platform, dock, a couple adult and children's bikes, wooden swingset, all part of the rental package shared with the main house.
Interaction with guests
We have a caretaker cottage on the property and are available for recommendations and questions as needed.
Other things to note
The cabin is located on an 11 acre estate with all amenities shared with the main house located down the driveway.
No parties or events
Check in is anytime after 4PM unless arranged otherwise in advance.
11 Acre estate is shared with Main House. Right side of driveway (3 acres is dedicated to Cabin). Left side of driveway is dedicated to Main House and is off limits.
Renter must agree to Rental Agreement prior to booking.
Antoinette Bruno & Ken Shoji (the “Owners”) are the property Owners of a vacation home which is available for weekly or seasonal rental. This Agreement sets forth the terms under which Renter will lease the property through the Owners.
1) THIS IS A VACATION RENTAL AGREEMENT. THE RENTER’S SIGNATURE ON THIS AGREEMENT, OR PAYMENT OF MONEY OR TAKING POSSESSION OF THE PROPERTY AFTER RECEIPT OF THE AGREEMENT IS EVIDENCE OF RENTERR ACCEPTANCE OF THE AGREEMENT AND RENTER’S INTENT TO USE THIS PROPERTY FOR A VACATION RENTAL.
2) Owners hereby rents to Renter and Renter hereby rents from Owners, the Cottage located at 140-156 Lake Road, Pine Plains in the State of New York (the “Premises”) in accordance with the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, including, but not limited to, the time period during which Renter is entitled to use the Premises, check-in and check-out times, and payment of the rental amount and other fees. In the event that any term of this Agreement varies from any term set forth in the Owners’ rental brochure or web site (including, but not limited to, the rental amount), the term specified in this Agreement shall govern absent written confirmation of a change. The information set forth above is incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
3) Damage: Renter agrees to be responsible for any damage to the Premises or its contents, including but not limited to damage to furniture, electronics, crockery, cutlery, normal wear and tear excepted. Renter must notify Owners immediately of any damage or theft.
4) Use and Tenant Duties: Use and Tenant Duties: The use of the Premises is restricted to use by Renter and Renter’s defined group, A “group” as used herein means the specified group in shared through the Airbnb portal vacationing at the Premises. Occupancy is restricted to the number of occupants for the Premises agreed between the Owners and Renter. Renter agrees to comply with all obligations with respect to maintenance of the Premises, including but not limited to the following: (a) keep the Premises as clean and safe as the conditions of the Premises permit, and cause no unsafe or unsanitary conditions in the Premises; (b) dispose of all ashes, rubbish, garbage, and other waste in a clean and safe manner in the trash cans at the end of the driveway; (c) keep all plumbing fixtures in the Premises or used by the Renter as clean as their condition permits (d) not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, or remove any part of the Premises or render inoperable the smoke detector provided by the Owners, or knowingly permit any person to do so; (e) comply with all obligations imposed upon the Renter by current applicable building and housing codes; (f) be responsible for all damage, defacement, or removal of any property inside the Premises that is in Renter’s exclusive control unless the damage, defacement, or removal was due to ordinary wear and tear, acts of the Owners, defective products supplied or repairs authorized by the Owners, acts of third parties not invitees of the Renter, or natural forces; (g) notify Owners in writing of the need of replacement of or repairs to a smoke detector, and replacing the batteries as needed during the tenancy; and (h) leave the premises in the same condition as it was found.
5) Renter agrees not to host events on the property or invite groups of guests beyond that agreed in advance. Renter agrees not to use the Premises for any activity or purpose that violates any criminal law or governmental regulation. Breach of any duty contained in this paragraph after commencement of tenancy shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of the tenancy with no refund of rent.
6) Events beyond Owners Control: Neither Owners nor Owners shall be liable for events beyond their control which may interfere with Renter occupancy, including but not limited to Acts of God, acts of governmental agencies, fire, strikes, war, inclement weather, including flooding and construction noise from nearby sites. No rebate or refund will be offered in these circumstances.
7) Expedited Eviction. A material breach of this Agreement by Renter, which, in the sole determination of the Owners, results in damage to the Premises, personal injury to Renter or others, a breach of the peace, a nuisance to others, or a violation of criminal law or local code, shall be grounds for termination of Renter tenancy. Renter may be evicted under such procedures if Renter: (i) hold over in possession after Renter tenancy has expired; (ii) commit a material breach of any provision of this Agreement that according to its terms would result in the termination of Renter tenancy; (iii) fail to pay rent as required by this Agreement, or (iv) have obtained possession of the Premises by fraud or misrepresentation.
8) Indemnification: Renter agree to indemnify and save harmless the Owners and Owners for any liabilities, theft, damage, cost or expense whatsoever arising from or related to any claim or litigation which may arise out of or in connection with Renter use and occupancy of the Premises including but not limited to any claim or liability for personal injury or accident, death or property damage, theft of property which is made, incurred or sustained by Renter. Renter specifically agrees to indemnify and hold Owners harmless for any personal injury or accident, death or property damage, theft of property arising from any activity on Stissing Lake. The term “Owners” used in this Agreement shall include their heirs, successors in interest, assigns, employees, and representatives of the Owners, where the context requires or permits. The term “Renter” as used in this Agreement shall include Renter’s heirs, successors, assigns, guests, invitees, representatives and other persons on the Premises during Renter occupancy (without regard to whether such persons have authority under this Agreement to be upon the Premises), where the context requires or permits.
9) Right of Entry: Renter agree that Owners may enter the Premises during reasonable hours to inspect the Premises, to make such repairs, alterations or improvements thereto as Owners may deem appropriate, or to show Premises to prospective purchasers or Renters.
10) Assignment: Renter shall not assign this Agreement or sublet the Premises in whole or part without written permission of Owners.
11) Pets: Unless otherwise specifically permitted in this Agreement, no pets shall be allowed on the Premises. Renter breach of this provision shall be considered material, and shall result in the termination of the tenancy.
12) Disputes: This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Renter specifically consents to such jurisdiction and to extraterritorial service of process.
13) This Agreement, together with the attachments referenced herein and attached hereto, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior written oral negotiations, representations, or agreements. No modification of this Agreement shall be binding on either party unless it is in writing signed by both parties. Each section, subsection or paragraph of this Agreement shall be deemed severable and if for any reason any portion of this Agreement is unenforceable, invalid or contrary to any existing or future law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not affect the applicability or validity of any other portion of this Agreement. By engaging in this booking for Airbnb you are agreeing to terms of this rental agreement. THE PARTIES ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND IT, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a journalist based in NY and I write about food, chefs, and restaurants.