Private apartment built in the late 1800's in the Historic Irish Channel. We are walking distance to Magazine St, Garden District, St. Charles Streetcar line --- all of which offers plenty of site seeing, shopping, restaurants, and bars.
Recently renovated with 1 private bedroom/bath, central AC/heat, fully equipped kitchen, and more. We live next door with 2 friendly dogs, and want to make your stay amazing.
Live like a local in our beautiful, vibrant, and friendly neighborhood!
Live like a real New Orleans local. Park your car/bags and forget about moving it for the rest of your time here. You are going to be steps away from amazing food & cocktails, shopping, art, historic architecture and sites, and local hangouts. If you need chill day/hour, hang out on the porch and meet our neighbors. It's an eclectic but amazing bunch-- Born and raise in the channel (60+ yrs), young homeowners/families, and renters. Enjoy a New Orleans pastime of sitting on the front stoop and chatting with the neighbors.
This is a beautiful late 1800's home that had been updated for modern comfort without losing its historic nature. It is a raised home (about 4 stairs) but the apartment is entirely on the first floor. The apartment includes one private bedroom with a door (walk-in closet), full bathroom, full kitchen, dining room featuring a desk/office area, and living room with a pull-out queen size bed.
We share a wall, so occasionally you might hear us or our two friendly and goofy dogs.
The unit has all the modern comforts:
- full kitchen with microwave
- central AC/heat
- in unit washer and dryer (with detergent and bleach!)
- walk in closet with iron and ironing board
And all the amenities you would expect:
- laundry detergent
- shampoo, conditioner, body wash, face soap, etc.
- dishwasher detergent
- high quality hair dryer
- high quality iron, ironing board, and starch
- cable and wireless internet
- private water heater (we aren't going to share!)
- trash/recycling with extra bags
And the things you wouldn't expect:
- cold bottled water and mixed soft drinks
- gourmet coffee, tea, and all the extras needed
- brushed cotton high-thread count sheets and towels
- Tempur-Pedic Queen Mattress in bedroom
- queen sofa-bed
- queen blow up mattress
- a brand new pack-n-play
- Champagne/ice bucket with scoop
- Original New Orleans art & crafts
- live plants throughout to help purify the air and add a sense of "home"
- board games, cards, and coloring books for all ages
You have your own private, front entry to the apartment and are welcome to hangout on the front porch. More than likely you'll ending meeting one our our (or many?) chatty neighbors.
Just in case there is an emergency, there is an exit in the bedroom that exits to the backyard. However, the backyard has not been updated, so unfortunately backyard use is only for the homeowners' at this time.
Interaction with guests
Hi! We live next door if you need to get in touch for any reason. We were born and raised in New Orleans and are obsessed with our neighborhood. If you have any questions, don't be a stranger. We can be as visible or invisible as you like. Please don't hesitate to let us know if we can do anything to make your stay all the better. All feedback is constructive.
Other things to note
New Orleans is a crazy, fun town that has a gazillion things going on at any moment. We have cataloged our favorite local food, drinking, shopping, museums, galleries, and art by distance. In addition, we have free to borrow guidebooks on eating, drinking, architecture, spooks, & general sightseeing. If that's not enough, we have a subscription to New Orleans Magazine, which has up to date info on everything. If you have fear of missing out (FOMO), don't worry-- we have you covered.
Bikes, festival chairs, and blankets are available upon request.
License or registration number
Learn about this number
- - No parties. We love our neighbors and there are plenty places nearby.
- - No additional guests over the reserved amount
- - Backyard access is limited to home owners. But feel free to hang out on the front porch.
I was born and raised in New Orleans and am married to my wife, Kirsten. We have two friendly and well-behaved adult dogs. I am a project manager/engineer and my wife is finishing lawschool in addition to running two online businesses. Previously we rented the apartment to long term tenants for about three years, but decided to see if AirBnB would be fun. We live on the other side of the house, so we can be contacted very quickly if our guests need anything!