Best of both worlds - a two-bedroom apartment inside a Colonial boutique hotel. The space includes a large air-conditioned sitting room with its own kitchenette, and a large balcony. There are two separate bedrooms, each has its own bathroom with showers with hot water. The apartment is completely separated from the hotel, with its own door.
One of the bedrooms has a king-size bed, one has a queen. In the sitting room, there are two sofa-beds, which we put pillow-top mattresses on so they are super comfy.
There are TV's in each of the bedrooms with cable and over 300 channels. Wifi throughout, included at no extra cost, and drinking water provided at no extra cost.
The space is entirely separated from the rest of the hotel, so you have your own door and your party occupies that part of the hotel exclusively. But, you have the use of the rest of the hotel, which includes:
- A swimming pool with a swim-jet, so you can swim against the tide.
- A roof garden / solarium with a jacuzzi and pool table
- Full restaurant serving local and international dishes
- 24 hour front desk with English-speaking staff
- 24 hour room service
- Free use of the large local gym opposite the hotel, this is a big Dominican gym.
Maid service is provided daily, we provide high quality towels and linen. We can organise a private barbecue for your group or meals served in your apartment.
Other things to note
ADULT ONLY PROPERTY - we do not accept children aged younger than 14.
- No overnight guests allowed, unless we are given their names at check-in. (Basically this means you can't go out and meet new friends and bring them back to stay).
- Smoking is only allowed on the balcony and in designated smoking areas, nowhere indoors.
- LOCAL TAX AND SERVICE CHARGE ARE PAYABLE ON ARRIVAL, in addition to what you pay on AirBnB. We will advise you of these charges, we are legally required to charge them.
The front desk is open 24 / 7 with English-speaking staff.
I am British, decided for some unknown reason to move to Santo Domingo in 2010 and one day got bored and bought an old Colonial house. Supposedly it was going to take 6 months to restore, it actually took 3 years (and is still trying to fall down) but it has turned into a nice space for people to stay. I'm still very involved in running the house.