This rustic Jamaican dorm-style cottage is slightly off the beaten track and will give you an authentic local experience. Nestled in a small village in the hills, we are close enough to Ocho Rios to enjoy that convenience but far away enough to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and typical tourist spots. We are a short walk to rivers, private waterfalls, and a short drive to the beach.
Guests can enjoy one large shared dorm-style room with small kitchenette. the room includes 1 double bed, and 2 bunk beds. There is an attached full bathroom, out-door shower, and newly expanded yoga deck. There is a large yard in the front of the Cottage with outdoor dining table, benches, and hammocks hanging along with 5 acres of hilltop to explore. The host has her private home on the property.
Interaction with guests
There is a live-in care taker named Ally (who is AWESOME!) available for cooking and guided tours at an extra cost. (We recommend having a local with you as you explore the area!)
There are private and group yoga classes available by a certified instructor at an extra cost.
Other things to note
Marijuana has now been decriminalized in Jamaica.
- Smoking is only allowed in outdoor areas excluding on the yoga deck
- No shoes, no eating, or burning of candles on the yoga deck.
- As this is also a private home, please refrain from bringing people from the village onto the property.
- Please dont feed the dogs.
- Please be considerate of other guests sharing the space.
- There must be approval from other guests if you want to play loud music or cook in the shared kitchen after 10 pm.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
I am a Jamaican/American woman who has made a living through teaching Yoga, Alternative Healing, and Emotional Release Therapy. I have made my home available as a retreat to guests who wish to enjoy a slower pace of life, and gain the benefits of simple and natural living. I love exchanging perspectives with my guests and helping new friends learn about the beauty of Jamaica and its culture. My personal philosophy is "Come As You Are."