Enjoy a bright private basement suite complete with a separate entrance designed with travellers in mind! Tastefully decorated and furnished to make your stay comfortable. The space includes a private bedroom, living room, dining area, bathroom with walk-in shower and kitchenette. Situated in a clean and safe South West Calgary neighbourhood. Steps away from a Bus stop and a 15 minute walk to the LRT. One stop light away from the mountains and close to parks with a great city view!
Welcome to your clean and modern home away from home! Enjoy a large and private basement suite all to yourself! Once through your separate entrance and down the stairs, you will find a large living area with Apple TV, Netflix, and Chromecast, an electric fireplace to keep you cozy, a dining area or workspace, large bedroom with ample closet space and a queen sized bed and a private bathroom with a walk-in shower. Although there is not a full kitchen, you will have a fridge, microwave, Keurig coffee and tea maker, a selection of teas and Keurig coffee, creamers in the fridge, sugar, cutlery, wine glasses and a wine bottle opener, and drinking glasses. Shampoo and body wash will be provided in the large walk-in shower, along with clean and fresh towels. If guests need anything, they can always ask. Or else, they can find what they need at local shopping and grocery stores that are 2 minutes drive away (Walmart, Safeway and Westbrook Mall). You will also have access to our backyard patio area to enjoy a nice evening or a sunny afternoon outside. This includes access to the BBQ.
There is a laundry room which has a washer and dryer. If you would like to do some laundry during your stay please ask us. We will charge an extra $5 for a load that is washed and dried.
Superfast Wifi is provided free of charge! (150mb download speed and 15mb upload speed.)
You will have private access to the entire basement. The backyard and patio is a shared space with the home owners. Access is controlled by a key pad. We will provide you with the code upon booking. You will also have keys to lock the basement door to secure your things.
Interaction with guests
Please use the Airbnb app to communicate with us if you have any questions before your stay. We like to offer guests privacy and space but we are available when needed.
Other things to note
While the basement suite is a completely pet free zone, we do have a cat and friendly black lab that will stay upstairs and you will likely not even see them.
- Please park on the street but be mindful of the bus stop and fire hydrants near the house.
- Private entrance is at the back of the house through the white fence gate. Please be sure to close the gate behind you. You will be given a code for the key pad on the back door.
- Please remove shoes at the top of the stairs. Coats can be hung in the basement on hooks provided or in your bedroom closet.
- Please observe quiet hours between 11pm and 8am.
- Please use fan in bathroom when showering.
- Guests are welcome to use the BBQ and backyard patio but please note this is a shared space with homeowners.
- Visitors are fine but only paid guests may stay overnight. No parties or events are allowed.
- Guests are flexible to check in anytime after 3pm.
Marike and Trevor are passionate travellers and have experience in the hospitality industry. They are knowledgeable Calgarians who have also lived in Banff and Canmore are eager to make you feel welcome during your stay. They are happy to answer questions about great local spots to eat and things to do in Calgary and the mountains.