Situated on a working cattle farm, this charming 100 year old Queenslander makes for the perfect country getaway. Renovated in the 90's, the Blair Downs farm house is in the perfect location for those looking for a quiet weekend away, or anyone looking to explore the beautiful Noosa hinterland. A half hour drive to the beaches and restaurants of Noosa, 10 minutes from the peaceful Lake Cootharaba, and quaint township of Boreen Point, an hours drive to Rainbow Beach and two hours from Brisbane.
The farm house looks out over 200 acres of spectacular farm and bush land. To the east the Carlo Sand blow can be seen, and to the west a tree laden ridge. Sunrises and sunsets here are truly beautiful, especially on a misty morning, and thunderstorms from the veranda are a site to see.
The large house consists of four queen bedrooms, three of which provide our guests with views, and two of which contain ensuite's.
By request - bedding for two small single beds, situated in the sun rooms, can be organised.
Above eight guests, $20 per night and per extra guest will be added to the fee. If you would like to request extra guests, send us an inquiry so we can discuss.
The large house yard contains fruit trees and a lovely garden, which includes a small herb garden. There is also an outdoor camp fire area that guests are welcome to make use of, dependant on fire bans in the area. We do ask that guests stay within the fenced house yard and do not disturb the cattle, or any wildlife that they may come across.
The pool is available to guests - it is perfect for those wishing to cool down, and large enough for anyone who wishes to swim some laps.
A large kitchen with microwave and dishwasher is perfect for some holiday cooking. Food is not provided, however guests are welcome to use any staples such as coffee/tea, condiments etc. that are in the kitchen.
Please note that although children under 12 are welcome, the house is not set up for small children, so they are permitted at the risk of the guest. The house is not child or baby proofed, and any ammenities such as cots etc. will have to be provided by the guest. There is also a dam in front of the house, so although the pool is fenced, we ask that children are supervised at all times, especially when swimming.
Dogs are permitted, however we ask that they stay outside on the gated veranda and are on a leash when in the house yard, so as not to disturb cattle or wildlife.
Guests horses may be permitted by request, and at the discretion of the hosts for an extra fee, for those wishing to explore the Noosa Trail Network in the saddle. Cattle yards are available to accomodate your four legged friends. Send us an enquiry if you are interested and we will discuss the possibility.
Because of the rural location, mobile phone reception is limited, but internet is available to guests, as well as a home phone that can be used for local phone calls or in the case of an emergency. Free to air television is unavailable, but we do, however, have a chrome cast. It is available for guests to use, so anyone with Netflix/Youtube/Spotify etc. accounts can use it to watch what they please on the television.
Other things to note
Best places to stock up on groceries are Pomona (15-20 minute drive) and Noosa/Tewantin (25-30 minute drive) with Noosa offering a more substantial shopping district. We recommend that guests do their shopping before arrival, to avoid extra trips in to town.
The Farm House runs on tank and bore water, so please be aware of how much water you are using.
- Guests must read the house manual (it's not too long ;). When a guest confirms their booking, it means they and any additional guests have agreed to follow the house rules.
- Treat house as if it were your own.
- Stay inside house yard - away from the dam and livestock.
- Do not disturb cattle and wild life.
- Stay safe - no running around pool, leaning over balcony, take care when walking down stone steps etc.
- Contain camp fires and respect fire warnings (keep to designated fire area).
- Children and pets must be supervised at all times (try to avoid them having food around couches and beds - if there is an accident, let us know so we can deal with it quickly).
- While the listing states the house is suitable for children, it is not child proofed, so children are welcome at the risk of the guest.
- We don't expect the house to be pristine, but sometimes we can't make it up immediately to clean, so please take out any smelly rubbish before you leave, stack the dishwasher, clean up any food spills, and make us aware if there are any stains or damages.
- If you have used towels and bedding, make it obvious (place towels in bathrooms, leave beds unmade) so we can have them nice and fresh for our next guests.
-No Schoolies celebrations
As we live down the road, we will generally be available to meet you, or if any issues arise. However, our availability will be discussed with individual guests prior to, or on arrival.