• Simple waterfront cabin (sleeps 6) w/ deck + dock
• Bunkhouse w/ ping pong, piano and card table (sleeps 12)
• 6 acres overlooks dock + anchored swim raft
• Outdoor kitchen + bar + commercial ice maker + stereo
• Stone fireplace
• Indoor + outdoor hot showers
• Fully-equipped kitchen
• Onsite washer + dryer
• 1st AirBnB booking? receive $50 off: airbnb.com/c/declanr20
• Book 5+ nights and receive a scenic JuNgLe CruIsE down the famous Silver River (full-day excursion)
• Ideal for groups (up to 18 or so) who seek a fresh air, down-to-earth "Old Florida" experience. (The combined cabin and bunkhouse sleep 18 people comfortably.)
• Group privacy is afforded under a fenced canopy of Live Oaks draped with Spanish Moss
• Facilities are simple and modest but comfortable
• Space includes a 2-bedroom cabin with fireplace and a 12-bed bunkhouse plus generous outdoor space for activities
• The Camp is ideal for lovers of privacy, peace and quiet, outdoors, nature, birds, fishing, boating, swimming and pitching tents
• Ample, secure space for campers who wish to bring motor boats, RV's or other toys
• Access is down a country dirt road and through a nondescript 12' cattle gate
• RV's, motor boats, jet skis, kayaks, canoes, etc. are all welcome
• If host is present, an all-wheel-drive SUV may be used for launching watercraft onto 70-acre lake
• Safe, secure parking is abundant
Interaction with guests
• Host will be available throughout your stay as a resource via text, phone and e-mail
• Host respects the privacy and dynamics of your party; interaction with guests may be as little or much as you prefer
• Host may or may not be present and, if so, sleeps in separate quarters
Other things to note
• The spirit of Camp Declan is to disconnect from the pressures of modern life and re-connect with self, friends, family, fresh air and authentic Florida nature.
Sit and marvel at the wildlife which teems in this private forest, take a run on your jet ski or it's perfectly okay to just steal a nap in the hammocks!
• This is an unpretentious deep South lodging option with great potential for group fun. It is not a commercial, brand-name hotel but a "lake house" so it has plenty of imperfections, which we call "character". Those expecting spotless floors, a pampered experience or a citified environment may find other options more suitable. Thank you.
• House rules are posted in the cabin, bunkhouse and outdoor kitchen.
• Please: If you open it, close it; If you borrow it, return it; If you turn it on, turn it off; If you use it, take care of it; If you mess it up, clean it up; If you move it, put it back. Thank you.