Single bed in private room. Located in the heart of Sheffield city centre. Within walking distance of both the University of Sheffield & Sheffield Hallam University. Close to Devonshire Green, as well as many bars, restaurants, independent shops & boutiques. Shared access to bathroom and kitchen. Fast WiFi internet. Discounts available for longer stays. Bookings will only be accepted through the Airbnb website. I do not offer viewings, I am often busy or away, so I manage everything online.
OVERVIEW: I really don’t like having to lay out rules, especially as the vast majority of guests behave in an appropriate manner, show respect for my home, and are an absolute pleasure to host. However, from some past experiences, I have felt it necessary to identify the things that are really important to me. Therefore I ask that you please read these rules, and further instructions given in my listing on how to use things in my home, so that I can be a great host throughout your stay.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to comply with any of these rules, or any of the instructions contained within this listing (and in the house manual), will result in the immediate cancellation of your booking without a refund, and action will be taken to recover any further costs incurred.
• Please ensure all guest information is correct, and upload a photo so I can identify you on arrival. I wish to know who is staying in my home at all times, and I may request to see a valid photo ID.
• No visitors or guests are permitted in my home at any time without my permission. All overnight guests must be approved in advance and are subject to an additional fee as noted in the price.
• No loud noise at unreasonable hours (after 10pm).
• I kindly ask that during your stay, you keep my home clean and tidy.
• Clean the kitchen after each use, look after my kitchenware, ensure that you thoroughly clean cookware, and do not leave dirty washing up in the sink.
• Keep the bathroom clean, and ensure that you clean and remove all soap scum and hair from the bath tub after each use.
• Make sure to turn off water taps properly when you're not using them, as well as lights and other electrical items when not in use.
• When you leave or enter the apartment, check that the door has completely locked shut.
• If you break or damage something, please let me know immediately and arrange for its replacement or repair.
• Please fully read and follow all further instructions given in my listing details and within house manual on how to use the amenities in my home.
• Take all your belongings when you leave, including any food in the kitchen, and any items you have in the bathroom.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 17 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hello! My name is Charlie.
I’m a professional circus artist and fitness instructor. I specialise in hula hoop and cyr wheel, but I have also trained in a variety of circus disciplines.
I have lived in Sheffield for over 10 years.
I love this city; it is great for circus, sports, music and the arts.
I love music, everything from classical to rock and metal! I used to play the violin and piano. When I first came to Sheffield, I worked at Corporation, which is a great venue if you like rock and alternative music. I have seen a lot of bands play gigs there.
I previously studied Circus in Performance at Greentop Circus in Sheffield, and Sports Engineering at Sheffield Hallam University.
My work takes me to countries all over the world, and I enjoy meeting people from different countries and cultures. I can speak and understand a little bit of German, and I try to at least learn a few basics phrases in other languages whenever I spend a bit of time travelling in other countries.
I have spent quite a bit of time travelling around Europe and New Zealand, teaching and performing circus arts, going to circus events and festivals, and attending circus workshops and training courses. I have also visited Australia, Taiwan and the United Arab Emirates. In the future I hope to visit some friends in Brazil, and spend some time teaching circus arts to children in Afghanistan.
My favourite place to travel to is New Zealand. I have some very close friends there, including the guys who first introduced me to cyr wheel.
I love swimming, sailing, kayaking and adventurous outdoor sports.
I also love drawing, painting, sewing and anything creative.
I am trying to cut down on waste, be more eco-friendly, not buy stuff I don’t really need, and live a more minimalist lifestyle.