About this listing
Welcome to Casa Romi. We are excited to share our home with you. Cartagena is one of the most beautiful cities in the world, and we hope your stay in our home will be wonderful.
This is a newly-renovated colonial home, IPCC-certified that the renovation maintained the integrity of the era. Imagine being transported back to the 16th century while still enjoying the comforts of today.
Casa Romi is decorated with oil paintings of our famed Fernando Botero as well as other local Colombian painters.
We have three spacious rooms, including one master bedroom, equipped with air conditioning, ceiling fans and Smart LED TVs. We also have three hammocks if you would like to lounge Colombian-style.
Casa Romi also boasts a state of the art security system with cameras throughout the house, a contract with a private security company and a police station down the street to ensure your safety.
To get around you can borrow our hybrid Schwinn medium-sized bicycle. Just make sure to return it in the same condition it was given.
Access to all rooms in the house.
Our administrator will be present upon your arrival, she will give you the keys and give you an introductory tour of the house and its amenities.
Guest will share space with Homeowner. Homeowner shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner.
Getsemaní was featured on Forbes Magazine as the representation of the authentic Colombian experience. The Convention Center is located in Getsemaní, at less than a 5 minute walk from the house. It is one of the most important convention and congress centers in South America and has hosted some of the most important events in the world such as the G8 Summit, XVII General Assembly of the WTO in 2007 and the VI Summit of the Americas in 2012, among others.
The "Centro" or neighborhood with the city walls is right past the Convention Center and is somewhere you can easily walk to for shopping, eating out and music.
There are also plans for he establishment of the Four Seasons Hotel in Getsemaní within the next year.
A signed contract (emailed to you after booking) with copies of passports is required for all guests and must be submitted at least 3 days prior to check-in date.
1. Smoking is allowed outside in the balcony of the 3rd floor only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Pool: When using the pool, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. The pool is sanitized weekly according to standard safety regulations.
8. Home inventory: to be checked before departure. Any damage to property will be taken from the security deposit. If the amount exceeds the security deposit, it will be reported to Airbnb.
I am a graduate of Johns Hopkins University currently living in Los Angeles. I work in research and am specifically interested in the relationship between autoimmune diseases and the microbiome and cancer immunology. I am Colombian and Peruvian, and frequently visit my home in Colombia with my family. Cartagena is a wonderful place to sleep, eat and have fun; and I look forward to going every year. I hope that whoever stays in my family home has a traditional and beautiful experience.