2 comfortable well lit bedrooms (one west facing, the other one east facing) - with private shower / wc, ideally situated in vibrant Shepherd's Bush / Hammersmith, with very fast access to the City, West End and Heathrow
City dwelling family of 4 - parents working in film, with daughter at University, and son away boarding, there is plenty of space at the moment.
Everyone who stays is a free agent, coming and going as they please, and that includes our 2 cats, Django & Suki, who (since they're cats) like to do their own thing.
Please note that we are offering the top floor at the house at your disposition . This is a shared home, we live here, (though sometimes we are travelling) and our children are away studying
We're offering two very comfortable double bedrooms, one faces the west of the house and the other one the east side of the house, both with high ceilings, the west facing room has twin west facing windows and a large skylight with blackout blinds, the east facing room faces the very quiet back garden.
Each bedroom has a comfy 4'6" DOUBLE BED with crisp COTTON BEDLINEN, FOUR fluffy down PILLOWS with BATH and HAND TOWELS provided - there's even space for a SINGLE FUTON for a child or (very good) friend if required (and an additional £15 p/night)
The west facing room has its own TV with over 50 FREEVIEW Channels, NETFLIX on tap, a DVD player with a great selection of MOVIES to choose from in case you prefer a night in, and a SONY PS3 with GTA5, FIFA 14 etc all for your exclusive use.
Needless to say there's BROADBAND Wi-Fi available throughout the house.
Next to the bedrooms there's a small but perfect 'all mod cons' SHOWER, HAND BASIN and LOO (wc) for your PRIVATE USE.
Your BED will be made up and your ROOM will be cleaned EVERY DAY by our lovely HOUSEKEEPER (all included in the price) and if you're feeling flush she will also WASH and FOLD or even IRON your LAUNDRY charged at an additional £12 per hr.
A DELICIOUS Continental Breakfast is offered in our large basement KITCHEN / FAMILY ROOM or in the GARDEN if and when London's FANTASTIC (!) weather allows.
English Tea, Nespresso coffee however you like it, hot chocolate, cereals etc, a good selection of DELICIOUS FRUIT, FRESH BREAD, CROISSANTS, MUFFINS and other goodies courtesy of RAOUL's, our NEARBY DELI, all for your delectation - YIPPEE!
We also have 3 BICYCLES - 2 ADULT's - 1 TEENAGER'S with good locks and helmets which you can hire for an additional £5 per day per bike. Perfect for getting to know the city, cycling in HYDE PARK, leafy CHISWICH or along the THAMES PATH with advice about where to go and stop at lovely PUBS en route.
Guests have access to their rooms and their private shower room, and there's bathroom on the ground floor if a luxurious bath is preferred.
Guests are welcome to use the kitchen / family room for breakfast, snacks, tea and coffee, but, sorry, we don't allow people to cook their own meals - there are so many local bars and restaurants it's hardly necessary. Likewise the garden is available (if the weather is being kind.)
There is also a sitting room on the ground floor that guests can use, best for quiet moments, internet research, to read from our extensive collection of books about London etc.
Interaction with guests
If you require of anything at all please do ask, as we are all happy to chat, give advice, suggestions etc. based on an intimate knowledge of London, and indeed, further afield the UK and Europe.
We're here to help - come and enjoy our City. London has so much to offer.. it never ceases to amaze us...
Other things to note
Please note that we are also able to accommodate 1/2 guests in only one room
Please see our other booking:
- This is a "No Smoking" property.
- Carpet care - shoes off at the door in wet weather please
- Check in/check out: although we're very flexible, we do need prior notice of your schedule in order for us to be ready for your arrival and departure.
- Other guests - If you need to receive your own visitors , please give us some notice. Guests can be received in the sitting room or in the garden but not in the bedroom.
- Luggage - We can store your luggage for you if you have a later departure time from London or you are travelling elsewhere in the UK - please ask - but there are luggage storage facilities at the main London train stations if that's more convenient.
- Meals- we are happy to provide breakfast, but please no eating of meals in the bedroom. If you want to eat at home, meals can be purchased from local takeaways and consumed in our kitchen / family room by prior arrangement.
But, for the sake of the record, once again , we have a strict no meals policy in the room.
-Family - we are a functional family home so we ask t you to respect our family meal times - we can always accommodate you, but the clue is in the communication.
Security - you get your own key, so please always double lock the main door and leave the keys in the hall in the place provided (to avoid loosing the key).
Please note we have to charge £150 in the event you lose your key and we have to replace the locks.
- General behaviour - please respect our neighbours - no (abnormally) loud music or shouting please
- Cleaning - your room will be cleaned everyday of your stay - ours is a lovely clean and tidy home...please help us keep it that way
- Finally, please treat our home as your own - with respect and love.... thank you
You are staying in a family home so guests are asked not to have friends round without prior arrangement. no one is allowed to stay overnight unless it is one of the already paid for guests.
Guests staying a week or more can use the washing machine and dryer.
If guests could take their shoes off before going in the bedrooms we would be very grateful, muddy rainy foot prints are not great for the carpets!
We love our house so please treat it with care and consideration. Most of all we hope you enjoy your stay with us