Clean, private room in a 2-bedroom, 1-bathroom apartment in University City, one block from public transportation and within walking distance from UPenn, Drexel and USP.
NO air-conditioning, sorry! The windows are too small :( There are fans and the whole apartment is quite cool thanks to the layout, but if you are an AC fan please keep that in mind when booking.
The room is plain, as I am not much of a decorator, but clean and fully furnished for all your needs.
I want you to travel light! I provide towels, sheets and basic toiletries but if there's anything else that you need, please do ask before traveling so that you don't have to carry a lot of stuff.
- fully equipped kitchen
- beautiful, semi-private patio (weather permitting)
- bathroom shared with 1 person (hostess)
- one load of laundry per week for free
- NO air-conditioning, sorry! The windows are too small :( There are fans and the whole apartment is quite cool thanks to the layout, but if you are an AC fan please keep that in mind when booking.
Interaction with guests
I occupy the second bedroom in the apartment. I am friendly and outgoing, but also know when to leave people alone :)
I do have a busy schedule but will try to accommodate you as much as possible, give you pointers about the neighborhood and the city, or hang out.
Other things to note
I have a day-time job so on weekdays check-in will be subject to my job schedule or to my wonderful neighbor's availability (she also has rooms available that you might want to check out. Search for "Bohemian West Philly Apartment")
- the front (building) door needs to be locked at ALL TIMES!
- please note that food is NOT included in the rent and that you will be responsible for your own grocery shopping
- smoking is only allowed on the patio
- well-behaved pets allowed after prior arrangements with me
- no other guests allowed in the apartment or room without prior arrangements with me
I have been a budget traveler all my life, and had excellent experiences with Airbnb as a guest. Now I am happy to finally be able to host as well and offer affordable accommodation to other travelers with similar budget restrictions. I have been living happily in Philly for almost 17 years now and am eager to share my love for the city with my guests!