Romantic home nestled in the heart of wine country on a large private estate of rolling grasslands, surrounded by picturesque vineyards and limitless vistas. Guest reviews: "Spectacular," "Paradise," "Outstanding," "Breathtaking," "Above and beyond." (When booking this listing, please include a note to host confirming that you've read this listing's complete description and agree to all House Rules (scroll down to "The Space" then click on "More" to read all details).
A private hideaway nestled amid some of the most gorgeous wine country in the world. This is a wonderful place to retreat without distractions. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a large private ranch; this is not a tiny bungalow scrunched behind someone's house in town. It is a darling, spacious, stand-alone farmhouse cottage with its own private driveway, on a ridge above the quaint old Wild West village of Los Olivos -- a favorite wine tasting & dining town hidden 3 miles down a picturesque winding road. The equally darling & historic Wild West villages of Santa Ynez and Los Alamos are also nearby, as is the world-famous Danish village of Solvang. All four of these surrounding local towns are charming, romantic, unforgettable destinations. Spectacular vineyards, longhorn cattle, buffalo, sheep, horses and deer dot the landscape. This is a carefully maintained, sparkling clean, no-shoes home, with pristine hardwood floors throughout. Please remove shoes just inside the front door, onto the shoe rack provided. We recommend bringing your favorite fuzzy slippers.
Our 2 horses share your cottage area, wandering in and out of a small attached stable. You will hear them bumping about in their stalls. Their sounds, scents, and beauty are part of the country atmosphere. So far, all our guests say they love the horse aspect.
We cannot accommodate children, pets, parties, candles, or smoking (see "House Rules" below for why). No exceptions.
We welcome clean, tidy, respectful, communicative guests, who have taken the time to honor us as hosts by FULLY completing their Airbnb bio/profile - and please include your photo. No references yet from other Airbnb hosts? Since this is a very private & cherished home - not a hotel - please put us at ease by telling us about yourself and why you will be visiting our area. We look forward to hosting you.
Your two-story farmhouse cottage is a comfortable distance from our own residence, each with their own private driveway.
Interaction with guests
We are private, but fun & friendly. Please phone anytime of the day or night if we can be of assistance. Your happiness makes us happy. You may hear us momentarily in the attached hay barn 3 times daily (approximately 7:30am, noonish, and 6pm), tossing hay to the horses, and you may see us lead the horses from the stable to our own main house area to groom them. Otherwise we grant our guests total privacy.
Other things to note
Our rural WIFI connection is slower than city wifi, but please feel free to use it at no charge (usually not fast enough for videos or movies). Our cell phone reception is good with AT&T. I've heard that T-Mobile reception isn't good here. No television signal available. We watch major news and sporting events at friendly Figueroa Mountain Brewery in Los Olivos. The kitchen features a new top of the line Viking induction cooktop (no oven). We have a friendly black Labrador dog named Luna, who lives next door at our house. She may come to visit you, but is not allowed in the cottage. A shy grey cat named Majestic luxuriates in the hay barn attached to the cottage. She's responsible for keeping the hay and garden free of critters. She's never allowed to set foot in the cottage, in honor of relatives & guests with allergies. You might occasionally find Majestic lounging on the porch, but generally she hides in the hay barn to avoid human interaction.
1. No pets allowed (not even tiny lap dogs), to honor several frequent guests & relatives with severe allergies & asthma.
2. Adults only; unfortunately we cannot accommodate children, for several significant safety reasons.
3. Please do not pet or feed our high-strung competition horses anything.
4. No smoking, candles, matches, or incense ANYWHERE on the property, including indoors & outdoors. No exceptions. (Smoking near stables is a huge no-no, plus it's a high fire risk wilderness area.)
5. This is a sparkling clean, strictly no-shoes home. Please remember to bring your favorite fuzzy slippers. Please remove your shoes just inside the front door where we've provided a shoe shelf.
6. We have a friendly, exuberant black labrador dog named Luna. Please update us with your arrival time, so we can put her in our own house until you're settled in. She's not allowed in the cottage.
7. No parties or music played loud enough to hear outside. Sound carries across this majestic valley, and we work very hard to be great neighbors in this very private neighborhood. You'll love unwinding & savoring the sounds of nature here.