1-NIGHT STAYS PERMITTED FOR SELECT DATES ONLY. Please inquire FIREST BEFIRE BOOKING. RARE BEACH RENTAL, steps to the sand w/Indoor Tiki Bar, Outdoor patio w/picnic table and BBQ, Ocean View & Deluxe bedding. WALK to Cafes, Bars, Shops, Canals, Boardwalk, Marina. QUIET, SAFE NEIGHBORHOOD. FREE Bicycles, Surf, Boogie & Skateboards, Beach Chairs, Wifi, parking, TV, kids toys, and more! Couples, families, groups & kids welcome. * SEE ALL 4 BEACH RENTALS at bottom of profile page
THIS UNIT EASILY SLEEPS: 2-10 persons VERY COMFORTABLY (families, groups, children & couples welcome). The LARGE living room & dining room provide plenty of space for entertaining, storage for your suitcases and space for everyone to have their own private area. But it's also a great spot for couples or smaller groups during off-season months when rates are lower. This 2 bedroom/2 bath unit includes 2 queen beds + 5 twin beds (or a king) + a comfy couch. I use only 100% cotton bedding and both fluffy & firm pillows because I know the importance of a good night's sleep. Our fine bed sheets are pressed like a hotel room and every nook and cranny is meticulously cleaned. Located on the second floor, our new double-pane windows and blackout window shades in the bedrooms make the unit nearly soundproof and climate controlled for a great night's sleep. Our climate is ideal all year around and yes you can be sunbathing in your bikini on the beach in January! Plug outlets next to each bed make it easy to charge your cel phones and tablets at night.
FREE WIFI, PARKING, BICYCLES, SURF & BOOGIE BOARDS, SKATEBOARDS, WETSUITS, BEACH CHAIRS, PADDLE TENNIS, ROLLERBLADES & LOTS OF BEACH TOYS FOR ALL AGES, BATH & BEACH TOWELS, BODY SOAP, SHAMPOO & CONDITIONERS, PAPER TOWEL & TOILET PAPER and more!
The TIKI BAR makes everyone smile and remember to relax and have some fun. The unit also includes new hard wood floors, vintage surf & beach pictures, a cozy couch, a fluffy area rug, a papassan chair, huge TV, wireless internet + cable, games, books and toys for kids. THE FULLY EQUIPPED KITCHEN includes NEW pots & pans and lots of other cooking utensils, 3 coffee makers (French Press, cappuccino, drip coffee or tea kettle) and COMPLIMENTARY organic coffee, teas, sweeteners and bottled water to get you started your first day. You will also find paper towel, trash bags and cleaning supplies.
BATHROOMS include: Bath & Beach towels (enough for each person in your group), shampoo, conditioner, body wash and extra toilet paper.
HOME MANUAL & GUEST GUIDE BOOK (made exclusively by your host, a long time local of the area) that includes a local's perspective on the best RESTAURANTS, SHOPPING, ACTIVITIES, SIGHTSEEING and special sections for "FAMILIES & KIDS" (highlights activities for kids of all ages and Babysitting and Chaperoning services available), and the other section is a "NATURAL HEALTH & WELLNESS" section that features the areas top health food restaurants, grocery stores, massage spas and holistic practitioners. If you're looking to get healthy California is the place and your host can point you in the right direction.
PEACEFUL & SAFE LOCATION: This is a PEACEFUL PARADISE AT THE BEACH in Marina del Rey, (Venice adjacent 3 blocks). Quiet, safe area located across from the beach. Ocean view from front bedroom, deluxe bedding, outdoor small patio w/covered dining table & BBQ. Families, kids, and groups are welcome. WALK to cafes, bars, shops, Venice Canals, Venice Boardwalk, boat marina.
YOUR HOST Aunt Betty resides just across the street. Don't hesitate to contact her if you have any questions (such as the best restaurants to go to, where to take a surf lesson, how to get to Abbot Kinney shopping or any other question about the area). Aunt Betty will text or call you to check in on you from time to time to ensure you have everything you need and I may drop by (with prior notice) to perform maintenance or replenish cleaning supplies when needed. Other than that you will have all the privacy you need and I aim to provide you with the best rental experience possible.
LATE CHECK-IN NO PROBLEM. You may check in ANYTIME after 3:00 pm. The keys will be left in a "secret spot" but please let me know when to expect your arrival so I can give you a quick tutorial of the property and answer any questions you might have. I also include a very detailed guide book/home manual with WIFI passwords, info on the operations of the apartment, maps of the area and a list of things to see and do. This is your private apartment, very quiet and cozy so we do ask that respect our peaceful neighborhood and keep noise to a minimum after 10pm. Children are definitely welcome if supervised and are included in your guest reservations.
Interaction with guests
PLEASE INSTALL THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR PHONE, TURN "ON" MESSAGE ALERTS & GO TO YOUR INBOX FOR CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS & ALL COMMUNICATIONS. Note: Text message alerts on display first few lines of entire text. You MUST go into the website and log into your account to read entire length of text. I live across the street so please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns about anything or simply want to know the best restaurants to go to, where to take a surf lesson, how to get to Abbot Kinney shopping or any other question about the area. I am a long time resident of the area, a "people lover" and "people pleaser" so I am here to answer all of your questions. I take a lot of pride in my rental and want your stay to be the best it can possibly be. I will text or call you to check in on you from time to time to ensure you have everything you need. I aim to provide you with the best rental experience possible.. I try to meet and greet my guests when they arrive (schedules permitting) and give a quick tutorial of the space but once that's done I give you as much privacy as possible. I reside across the street and am around if you have any questions, need anything or simply want to know the best restaurants to go to, where to take a surf lesson, how to get to Abbot Kinney shopping or any other question about the area. I am a long time resident of the area, a "people lover" and "people pleaser" and a full time host-concierge for you. I take a lot of pride in my rental and wants your stay to be the best it can possibly be and try to provide you with the best rental experience possible.
Other things to note
* PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY: Document your special vacation or event with beautiful, professional images from an award-winning portrait photographer and author of 3 photography portrait books
- PORTRAIT: Single group photo: $125
- PROFESSIONAL PHOTO SESSION: $375
The session takes approx 45 min to shoot in and around the beach area of the house and include 150 custom, digitally retouched, high-resolution files.
- EVENTS: I have 4 rentals located directly next to one another in the same building and across the street 10 steps so I can accommodate larger groups for Wedding parties, Bridal or baby Showers, Bachelor or Bachelorette parties or other events. I also offer hosted Tiki Parties! Inquire for details!
* GIFT SHOP: See our new gift shop items such as Paradise Bed spray, Paradise Coffee Mix, Coffee Mugs, Bamboo Picture frames and more.....
* 1-NIGHT BOOKINGS ARE PERMITTED FOR SELECT DATES ONLY. PLEASE INQUIRE FIRST BEFORE BOOKING OR RISK CANCELLATION OF YOUR RESERVATION WITHOUT REFUND.
* You must be 21 or over
* Please DOWNLOAD THE AIRBNB APP TO YOUR PHONE. All communication will be done through the online messaging system. NOTE: the text message alerts only display first few lines of entire message. YOU MUST GO TO WEBSITE (Or app) TO READ ENTIRE MESSAGE.
* NO NOISE AFTER 10pm: The noise ordinance is strict in our community so if you are a larger group and want to drink and have fun please walk 3 blocks to the bars on Washington after 10pm at night as there are many neighbors who work early in the morning and need their sleep. Please be very quiet when you return.
* Smoking permitted on exterior patio only proving you use an ashtray and clean up your cigarette butts.
* children must be included in your reservations. We provide a pack-play sleeping crib and 2 high chairs but use at your own risk. The unit is located on the second floor so children must be monitored, especially when near the exterior staircase. The home is not entirely " child proof" .
* Check-IN time is ANYTIME AFTER 3:00 pm but please notify me of your arrival time.
*Check-OUT time: ANYTIME BEFORE 11:00am , However, these times "may" be adjusted depending on the incoming and outgoing of other guests. We may provide space for you to store your luggage prior or after check-in or check-out if you have early or late flights. Please inquire. If you arrive after 3:00pm a key will be left for you in a special spot. Please inquire with your host.
* NO ADDITIONAL "UNPAID" OVERNIGHT GUESTS without permission and add'l fees of $25 per person per night FOR THE FULL DURATION OF YOUR RESERVATION (regardless of how many nights these additional guests stay).. * WARNING: Due to the chronic issue of guests "sneaking" in additional guests without paying we regret to enforce that if you do not report your additional guests you will forfeit your deposit. Our discounted rates are based on the number of beds our cleaning people must clean. More people means more utilities, more laundry, more water, more cleaning supplies, more toilet paper, coffee etc… and we must pay our cleaning service more. Thank you for your understanding and your cooperation.
* REFUND POLICY: Unlike other hosts we try our best to assist you with cancellations should that be necessary and reduce the amount of loss on both of our parts. Should you need to cancel your reservation we will make the dates available for others to book. If we are successful in rebooking your dates we will offer you a refund of equal or lesser value depending on the rental rate we are able to attain, less a $100 inconvenience fee. If we are unable to rebook your dates our cancellation policies will apply.
* DO NOT PARK ANYPLACE ELSE OTHER THAN WHERE INSTRUCTED OR YOUR CAR IS AT RISK OF GETTING TOWED BY ANOTHER NEIGHBOR. Your parking space is located in the front of building in the first parking space next to the staircase with the sign that reads: Private parking Unit 3. If you have a large SUV please inquire about the possibility of parking in our larger space in back.
* ABSOLUTELY NO CANDLES ANYWHERE IN OR AROUND THE UNIT.
* DISCLAIMER: USE OF SPORTING GOODS: PLEASE NOTE: By You (and all members of your party) agree to use the supplied sporting goods (surfboards, boogie boards, bicycles, skateboards, rollerblades, paddle tennis or any other sporting items) at your own risk and hold the owner, host and building manager 100% harmless against any injuries that might occur by the use of these items. If you do not know how to surf it is highly advised that you take a lesson from a certified surf instructor. Surfing is far more challenging than it looks. Please use caution when playing in the ocean. Enjoy but be Safe!
This host has 713 reviews for other properties.View other reviews