About this listing
Our sweet beach cottage is a comfortable home away from home and is just 2 blocks from the wide open beaches. Enjoy a peaceful get away with your dog and join our "dog wall of fame".
Waggin tails and beach fun. We are dog people and cater to responsible dog owners with well behaved dogs. We have tried to keep life simpler than at home in hopes to enjoy nature more, build relationships and have fun with each other. You can expect a clean 3 bedroom (2 bedrooms with doors and queen beds, 1 loft bedroom that is open with full bed and twins), 2 bath home with a fully equipped kitchen and dishes for up to 10 guests. Seating for 6 to 7 at the table and 2 at the breakfast counter. The Cottage is decorated in a simple but friendly Seashell Theme. It is light and airy and faces a cluster of trees for that "away feeling".
This is a perfect haven for bonding with friends and family members - setting new traditions and creating memories to last a life time.
Simply by the Beach is just that - a cute A-frame style home built-in 2009 - just a 1 block walk (or drive) to the sandy beach. We are situated nearest to the beach entrance in Pacific Beach, Washington - Seashell Beach Cottage offers all the comforts of home including a cozy gas fireplace and the only vacation rental with a completely fenced in yard. Don't miss the tree man in the enchanted forest out back as well as the frozen Gnome who crossed the fenceline. Enjoy outdoor barbecue and campfires to roast marshmallows by.
Pacific Beach is a sleepy little town along the Washington State coast - perfect for the get away of our busy and crowded cities. Fresh air and romantic walks on the beach make life relaxing again.
Seashell Beach Cottage will allow up to 3 well behaved dogs with responsible owners. We welcome well behaved dogs to come and join the "Dog Wall of Fame".
Guests will have access to our entire home including full kitchen with all appliances necessary for a comfortable time away. We have free Wi-Fi for our guests and a washer and dryer. There is a fenced yard for privacy. WE have a few private cupboards with supplies that are locked and not available for guest use.
Interaction with guests
We will provide check-in and check-out instructions 5-7 days prior to arrival. You will be on your own at our home, but we are just a phone call away should you have questions. If we are in the area, we may stop by to say "hi" and make sure you are comfortable.
Other things to note
We have gas barbecue and fire pit perfect for backyard fun. Please note, bedroom #3 is a large open loft area with bunk beds, full bed and twin beds - no door.
This is a non-smoking property. No fireworks permitted on premises. We accept up to 3 well behaved dogs. Dog addendum and $35 dog fee for each dog. Fee will be adjusted upon written reservation for dog.
NO Smoking in or around property
NO fireworks on premises.
Parking for 4-5 cars
Check-in time: 4pm
Check-out time: 11am
1. AGREEMENT: This Rental Agreement is a contract and the Renter and all members of his/her party are legally
bound to comply with all terms set forth herein.
2. PAYMENT: Terms for payment are set forth on the first page of this Agreement and incorporated herein by this
3. TERM: Rental term shall be for the time set forth on the first page of this Agreement. No extensions will be
allowed without prior approval and deposit. No refunds will be provided for early departure.
4. CANCELLATIONS: Full refund (less the one nights deposit) will be provided to the Renter if notice of
cancellation is received at least 14 days prior to the beginning rental period. No refunds will be allowed within 14 days
prior to the rental term.
5. PETS: We must be notified if you are bringing a pet and it must be pre-approved prior to booking. If there is
additional cleaning, yard pickup or damage that exceeds the norm of pet hair, dog towel wash and dog smudged
windows, your credit card may be charged. No pets shall be left unattended inside premises. (*see Damage and extra
6. DAMAGE: Report any damage immediately to the Owners upon entry of the premises. You may be charged for
any unknown damages. An inventory and damage report is taken upon the completion of each rental period. Damage
to the property will be charged to the credit card of the Renter. Damage includes, and is not limited to, wear and tear
beyond normal usage, such as damage to walls, fixtures, glass, decks, landscaping, carpets, structures, lost, damaged
or destroyed linens, electronic components and appliances.
7. INSURANCE: Owners have property and liability insurance to cover their own risk. Renters are exclusively
responsible for any damages to their property and party members due to any cause including known or unknown
dangers or defects in or to the property. Renters are hereby put on notice that they have the option to purchase renters
insurance to cover their personal risk at their own expense.
8. NEIGHBORS: Please respect the rights and privacy requirements of our neighbors. No loud music or parties
are allowed on these premises. The use of fireworks are strictly prohibited on premises. Be considerate with cars and
noise coming and going at early or late hours. Quiet times are between 10:00 p.m. and 9 a.m. If you are disruptive of
other guests you may be evicted without a refund.
9. ACTIVITIES: No illegal activities are permitted on the premises including, but not limited to drugs or underage
10. DAMAGE AND EXTRA CLEANING CHARGES: There is a requirement to provide credit card for your
first visit should there be any damage or missing items at our home. If the cleaning inspection team finds no
damage upon vacating premises, you will be notified via email within 14 days. If there is additional clean up, breach of
the signed contract in any way, scratches to floors, walls, doors and windows you will be notified as quickly as possible
of the charges.
11. HOLD HARMLESS: Renter and all members of his/her party agree to indemnify and save the Owner harmless
from all liability, loss or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the premises and adjoining
property by the Renter, his/her party or their invitees, from known or unknown danger or hazard attributed to the
12. MAXIMUM RENTERS: Occupancy of the premises is limited to 6 adults and 6 children or 8 adults and 4
children. More than said number shall constitute a breach of this Agreement.
13. SMOKING: This is a non-smoking property. Smoking is not allowed inside or within 15 feet of the house.
Please do not throw cigarette butts on to grounds. If there is any evidence of smoking at our home, your refundable
damage deposit is forfeited and if clean up is needed, there may be additional charges.
14. PHONES: There is no phone at our home. Cell phone service is limited to Verizon only.
15. CLOSING PROPERTY: Please leave all lights and electronic components off, all doors and windows shut and
locked. Heat turned down to 50F.
16. ACCESS CODE: The home is a keyless entry, so there are no keys to lose. You will be assigned an individual
code for your use during the duration of stay.
17. ENTIRE AGREEMENT: This Agreement is the full understanding of the parties and to which both Owner and
Renter shall comply. There are no other or further promises or representations in regard to this rental Agreement.
18. ATTORNEY FEES: If either party to this Agreement shall bring a cause of action against the other party for
enforcement of the Agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover reasonable attorney fees. Jurisdiction
shall be exclusively in the Superior Court of Pierce County, Washington, at Tacoma, Washington. Law of the State of
Washington shall be only authority applied in such issues.
Renter(s) has/have read and understand all policies above and agrees to be bound to all the provisions in this Agreement
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 82 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Hardworking customer service oriented Realtor by profession. Married to Rich 30+ years who also enjoys both the Ocean and the Mountains of our beautiful State. DeAnne enjoys her dogs, music and photography. As a Fifth generation Washingtonian, she can help answer most questions about traveling to the Pacific Northwest.
I live with my husband Rich and Lulu and Prescha our two small dogs in Steilacoom. We bounce to our houses on the coast, to the mountains and back to the City.
When we travel, we like to find clean, off the beaten trail places to explore. We hope to someday travel more - perhaps in an Airstream.
WE pride ourselves in offering a clean, relaxing home away from home to travelers.