Private side door entrance into your 1300 sq ft Updated Spacious Complete Full Basement Apartment with Two Bedrooms that include one KING and two TWIN Beds + one TWIN, one Sofa Twin in common area. This Classic 1910 American Foursquare Home is a designated Historic Site in Oregon City's McLoughlin District.
We are a Safe Space: we salute and are devoted to diversity, and stand with the peoples of all nations, races, faiths and genders.
Around the south side of the house and down the steps is a PRIVATE side door with a keypad lock that leads into the 1300 sq foot updated spacious TWO BEDROOM, ONE BATHROOM basement apartment. There is a locked door between the basement apartment and upper living space.
The KITCHEN is equip with most everything you should need. The lower cabinets in the kitchen have Child Safety Locks. If you are unfamiliar with these, I can show you how they work.
FOUR people sleep comfortably in the TWO bedrooms. The main bedroom has a spacious KING bed and the second bedroom has two vintage TWIN beds with new pillow top mattresses.
ADDITIONAL GUESTS can use the vintage iron framed TWIN size bed in a common walk through area, a twin foldaway, or Lane fold out TWIN sofa love seat/bed in the living room area. A travel PLAYPEN is also available for use.
OUTSIDE there are wicker rockers on the covered front porch and around back you'll find more seating and a picnic table for when the weather is cooperating.
PARKING is readily available on the street.
- THE KITCHEN
basic cooking supplies, including
Electric cook top
Table top Convection Oven
Coffee Maker & French Press
Toaster and more.
There's coffee, tea and water provided along with some cooking spices. Just give me a call, if there's something else you might need and I'll see if I have it on hand.
- The MAIN BEDROOM has a KING bed and tiny Victorian metal child's bed.
- The SECOND BEDROOM has TWO vintage TWIN white iron beds with new pillow top mattresses.
- There is another TWIN bed in a common walk through area of the apartment, plus a fold out sofa twin sleeper.
- There is a gas fireplace in the main room to keep things toasty when it's cold.
- A 49" SMART TV with Showtime, Netflix, HBO, STARS and more I can't remember. ;)
- Wireless internet is available.
- The newly remodeled BATHROOM has a Large Spa Soaking Tub and large separate walk in tiled shower with both a fixed and hand held sprayer and a bench.
We have a small selection of books, if you forgot to pack one. Plus there are both electric and acoustic guitars, along with an amp you are welcome to play, as long as the volume is reduced by 9 PM. Give the Didgeridoo a try, too!
Interaction with guests
Please have a photo of you (not just your cute dog or cat) in your profile and a few words about yourself to help me feel comfortable welcoming you into my home. If you are traveling with someone, please let me know their name and relationship to you, so I can personally welcome you both into my home.
We will make every effort to greet you.
We live in the main part of the house, so with a text or a phone call we can answer any questions or be downstairs to address any needed information. Our phone bells are usually shut off at night, so a text message will get results quicker.
The guest unit is completley separate from our home so you have total privacy.
We have inside cats that can be playful (or crazy) and run through the upper house, don't be alarmed if you hear them overhead, it's really not a herd of animals on the loose.
Other things to note
We are both artists and collectors of antiques, vintage goods and odds and have repurposed many of the items in the apartment.
You'll find lights that had previous lives as antique pinball games, old heaters and even Victorian shelf brackets and yes, those are old leather tapadoras sconces on the fireplace.
The drapes and some pillows were made from Pendleton wools. Other decor we've collected from near and far.
- Check in is between 3-10 pm. Check out is 11 AM.
If a later check in or out is needed please contact us ahead of time to make arrangements.
- Smoking and vaping is not permitted inside or out on this property.
- No candles, incense or open flames of any kind.
- No pets, please. If you have a service animal, please check with the host before reserving the property.
- No extra guests without checking with the homeowners. No unregistered overnight guests and no more than a total of 10 people at one time. Children are considered guests and must be registered at such. Registered guests are responsible and liable for unregistered guests. The homeowners are not liable for any accidents, injuries or illnesses that occur to registered or unregistered guests while on the property. The Homeowners are not liable for loss or damage to registered or unregistered guest's vehicles, property, valuables or belongings or injuries while on the property. By accepting the reservation and registered guests are assuming responsibility and risk of harm, damage or theft arising from their use and presence on the property. The registered guests also assume all responsibility and liability of harm, damage and theft for unregistered guests.
- No loud noises between the hours of 10 PM and 9 AM please.
- There is no daily house cleaning service. Please contact the owners for additional supplies, if needed.
- Leave beds unmade, please remove your food items, place all garbage in appropriate receptacles, rinse dishes and leave your used towels in the laundry bin outside the bathroom. This helps keep the cleaning costs down.
- Upon arrival, please note the location of the emergency lights, fire extinguishers, CO2 detector and first aid kit. The homes smoke alarms are wirelessly connected, so if one goes off, they all do. They are very sensitive and most times it's just a cooking issue, even making popcorn has set it off. Please contact the owners by phone or text immediately if that happens. There are ladders in all the egress windows should they be needed. The home's circuit breaker boxes are located in the apartment and should any breakers kick off, the owners will need to enter the apartment to reset them.
- The walkway to the entryway to the apartment are stepping stones and very uneven, so watch your footing. Please use the handrails on the stairways. There are safety bars in the shower and bathtub. The tub can be difficult for some to get in and out of, please be aware of this and use the safety bars.
- There are extra heaters in the bedroom and a gas fireplace in the living area for additional heat. The fireplace switch is located on the right side of the fireplace. Do not leave any heater or the fireplace on when you leave the property. Do not allow any item, clothing, paper, etc. to touch or lay against the heaters or fireplace.
- The homeowners reserve the right to ask any registered or unregistered guest to leave the property of any house rules are not adhered.
I'm a native Oregonian, grew up in the desert on the east side and now love the green western part of this beautiful state, too. Oregon City is such a lovely place and I feel fortunate to live here in one of her historic McLoughlin District name homes.