One of the few remaining "rural" locations only 10 minutes (by car) of downtown Seattle. A light filled private apartment, it's own entrance, windows in each room, overlooking our garden & greenbelt. Come relax in a residential neighborhood after a long day exploring Seattle.
The mother-in-law/granny flat is an addition built onto our original 1936 West Seattle homestead. The house and apartment are backed up to the greenbelt, Puget Creek Greenspace. The apartment is below the house facing the greenbelt. It's secure and private with it's own separate entrance. The bedroom, bathroom and kitchen all have radiant heat to keep your feet, and the apartment, cozy in the winter.
• DOWNSTAIRS BEDROOM with super comfy queen size bed and radiant heat
• Extra linens and blankets
• Closet and dresser
SEPARATE LIVING ROOM UPSTAIRS
• Leather couch
• 42" LCD TV
• Cable, HDTV & HBO
• Wifi throughout the apartment and garden
• Lots of books and games
• Bistro table with 2 chairs for dining
• FULL KITCHEN with gas stove, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, tea kettle and radiant heat
• Organic oatmeal & breakfast bars. Organic eggs are provided for the first 2 nights stay.
• Organic coffee & tea with organic creamers
• Cooking utensils, pots & pans, knives, cutting board, dishes & glassware
• Kitchen is stocked with basic condiments & cooking ingredients (organic olive oil, ketchup, mayo, sugar, jelly, etc)
• FULL BATH with radiant heat
• Plenty of towels & wash cloths
• Organic shampoo, conditioner and soap
• Morning sun on backyard deck and patio
• Afternoon sun on backyard deck and patio
• Evenings cozied up by the fire at our outdoor covered fireplace
• 2 patio dining sets with umbrellas that seat 8 in total
• Charcoal grill
• Organic herbs, veggies & fruit from the garden depending on the time of the year.
• Private apartment with all it's amenities
• Outdoor fireplace
Interaction with guests
Privacy is key, but we let the guests set the tone.
Other things to note
In the summer we enjoy spending time outside & relaxing in the garden. We enjoy having a glass of wine in the adirondack chairs, enjoying the view of the greenbelt, and listening to the owls at night . Sometimes we have friends over for dinner on the patio and possibly an evening fire. We welcome you to join us if you'd like!
We also have 2 cats. One of them, Lizzie, is SUPER friendly and will want to be your best friend.
*No shoes indoors please. There’s a shoe rack just outside the door.
*No smoking indoors of any sort. If you’re a smoker please do not smoke near the apartment, smoke outside by the fireplace (420 friendly).
*No illegal drugs or firearms.
*Please be mindful. Do not turn on the heat AND open the windows at the same time.
*Shut and lock the gate before heading to bed. We leave it up to our guests so we don't accidentally lock them out.
*We have lots of books and games in the apartment. Please enjoy them ☺ but also be sure to leave them behind.
*If you happen to break something please let us know.
*Turn off all heat upon checkout.
A family of three, we love our home and our city. We travel extensively and love to host when we are home!!! We are happiest when outside working in the garden, firing up the smoker or taking the boat out for a day on the water. We stay very busy when we're home doing all of the many things Seattle has to offer. We look forward to sharing this beautiful area with our guests.