Spacious three-bedroom house steps away from the beach on the Gaviota Coast in California.
Enter a special place in the world and true escape from it all. This house is on a quiet coastal property and has its own back yard, complete with a hammock, patio furniture and ocean view. With the ocean steps away and neighboring restored glass greenhouses, the house acts as a true escape form it all.
The house is complete with kitchen, living room, bathroom, three bedrooms, and private outdoor space.
- The bathroom with its tropical decor has a large counter top, double vanity, tub, and shower.
- Two bedrooms have Queen sized beds and Twin mattresses in the third.
- A queen futon is in the study
- Eat in a formal dining area with ocean views or outside on your deck to take in the ocean air. A breakfast nook is also built in adjacent to the fully stocked kitchen.
Enjoy perpetual Santa Barbara summer days in a reading chair with sliding glass door access to the serene backyard and hammock. The living room has a wood burning fireplace and freshly provided supply of wood and kindling upon request. Tropical decor fills each room and every effort has been made to create a relaxed atmosphere of warmth and serenity.
Guests have the entire house, back yard with ocean view and beach access. The farm, nurseries, food forest, greenhouses and the barn can be viewed with permission.
Minimal or as desired. We are available to you on-site when requested. We were born and raised in the area and can give recommendations for visiting.
The property is on 60 acres of organic permaculture agricultural land, originally the largest Orchid grower in the country beginning 1943. The land has rich Central Coast history.
During the day you are on a working organic farm. At night, sleep restfully in pure silence no light pollution (with the back ground noise only of the birds chirping and the frogs croaking during rains) so you can feel renewed in paradise. You will also be just 15 miles (20 minutes) from fine restaurant dining, shopping, in Downtown Santa Barbara, the American Riviera. Just 5 miles from Goleta the Goodland's shopping, Farmer's Market, Old Town, and Sandpiper and Glenn Annie Golf courses. Steps away from walks on beach in the on Gaviota Coast. Santa Barbara is internationally renowned for its surf beaches and front and back country hikes. With first class quality at very reasonable prices, the Orchid Ranch is luxury you can afford.
Live on your own secluded knoll with southern exposure, and spectacular, panoramic, unobstructed sweeping views of the Pacific Ocean, Channel Islands, and mountains. Watch the sunrise and sunset while enjoying the sanctuary, peace and quiet from every room in the home. Bask in the sun above the fog.
Hike, cycle, stroll or just lay on a hammock at night and watch the stars fall and the moon rise over the ocean.
The property is 3 miles north of the Santa Barbara Airport. Taxi service is available. Airport pick-up can be requested.
No Public transportation. This prime location is private, yet only a minute's drive to US-101 freeway and further 10 minute drive into Goleta and Santa Barbara Airport. Santa Barbara, the American Rivera is just 20 minutes further.
There is free, unrestricted driveway parking right by the house. Please contact the host if are bringing more than two vehicles.
In the Vicinity:
- Golf Courses: SandPiper, Glenn Annie, Montecito Country Club, La Cumbre Country Club
- The Channel Islands off the Santa Barbara Coast, Anacapa, Santa Cruz, San Miguel, Santa Rosa and Santa Barbara
- State Beaches: El Capitan, Refugio, Goleta, Hendry's, Haskells, West Beach, Marina, East Beach
- Hiking front and back country trails in Los Padres National Forest
- Café/Restaurants (10-20 minutes) - easy access to Santa Barbara, Goleta, and Santa Ynez Valley.
- Rent a Chef from Santa Barbara's finest service industry.
- The Funk Zone Arts and Foods scene in Santa Barbara
- Wineries in The Santa Ynez Valley and wine tasting just 25 minutes north along the coast
- Chumash Casino
- Solvang's Danish town
- Whale Watching
- Kayaking in the Pacific Ocean
- Marinas and piers
- Lotus Land, Botanical Garden, Santa Barbara Art Museum, The Mission, Santa Barbara Natural History Museum, Tye Warner Sea Center
- Airplane and Helicopter rides of the area
Property Rules: The farm and its old greenhouses were restored by artisanal farmers and carpenters who cherish and value the land. We kindly ask that guests respect their space as they farm and not wander through the greenhouses or the warehouse. The property is quaint and so if you are having guests we ask that you connect with the host first.