Welcome to our cozy 2 room private suite with separate entrance in sunny Lucas Valley. Surrounded by the quiet of hills and trees, yet only 2+ miles off hwy 101. We are centrally located for easy day trips to Pt. Reyes, Muir Woods, San Francisco, and Napa/Sonoma Valley wine tasting. . . or you can walk to tennis, take a swim, stroll through the Eichler neighborhood or to the horse stables, hike the lower hillside trail, or master the rigorous climb up Bigrock Ridge and view the whole Bay Area.
Enter thru private gate to a garden patio amid ferns and Hydrangeas. A Sunny 100 sq ft. sitting room has music, wi-fi, and fine art. Cards and board games are there for your amusement. A Keurig Elite sits on the granite counter for fresh coffee or tea. You have a mini fridge (with ice and bottled water), and a Microwave for heating snacks, dinners or drinks, and a toaster. Breakfast fixings vary, and may include house-made gluten free granola, yogurt, organic banana nut bread, fresh fruit, bagel, cream cheese, milk (or almond milk) and coffee and tea. Bowls, water and wine glasses, plates, utensils, etc., are at your fingertips.
A recently remodeled private bath has double sinks on a granite counter. Fresh bedding and linens, of course!
The accommodation is best suited for two guests sharing the very comfortable queen bed in the 100 sq ft. bedroom. There is a closet and dresser for your things. If a second bed is needed, we remove the stereo in the sitting room and add a very comfortable double size air bed (for a small fee to cover laundry, etc.). The entire suite is locked off from the rest of the house for your privacy.
A Portable Dyson Floor heater/cooler augments the radiant in-floor heating, if needed.
Guests have their own private shaded patio, but may also enjoy sharing the larger back covered patio set alongside the garden and landscaped hillside, with views of the unspoiled ridge behind the house.
We endeavor to personally welcome all guests, and provide a quick review of the accommodation and house rules. We will be available personally or via phone throughout your stay. There are no cooking facilities per se except the microwave and toaster. We are pleased to share info on day trips, local restaurants, or walking, biking, or hiking trails. You are welcome to enjoy a nearby community pool. A convenience store is 1 mile away, a guest recommended Deli 2 miles away, and grocery shopping and a Mall is 15 minutes by car.
Interaction with guests
We respect the privacy of guests first. If time and circumstance allow, we are pleased to share conversations over travel and adventures. We have enjoyed some fun travels in our time, and are pleased to hear of new and different paths.
Other things to note
- the 10% Marin County Bed Tax is included in the lodging price.
- amenities include regular and decaf coffee and tea, nut bar, fresh 2% milk or almond or almond/coconut milk, (ORGANIC food when possible), bottled water for trekking. Light breakfast varies and may include housemade gluten free granola, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, bannana nut bread.
- plates, utensils, wine glasses, cheese board, openers, shopping bag, umbrella,etc
- microwave, toaster and Keurig coffee/tea maker; mini frig
- upscale linens and towels
- on a daily basis, we empty your trash, wash your dishes used, and refresh breakfast food.
- we have maps of local hiking trails and maps of the area, Napa, Coast, SF, etc.
- there is a $15 fee to set up the double bed in the sitting room. This covers extra laundry and switching out furniture to make the room work with the bed in it.
- You can instant book up to three nights only
- No Pets
- We ask that guests respect the quiet and tranquility of the neighborhood and the house.
- no smoking (including e-cigs) is permitted in the rooms, or on the property.
- no metal in the microwave.
- no unregistered visitors without Host's permission.
- please park your car on the street in front of house
- normal check-in is 3:00pm; normal check-out is 11:am (happy to be flexible
- limited use of washer/dryer is available upon request.