Airy, relaxed, quiet and privacy. 80 m2 - comfortable fits two. Private entrance. King size double bed. Large bathroom with hot tub. Extension to a 200 year old farm house. Recently modernized and tastefully furnished. Large garden with private beach right on your doorstep. Awesome unobstructed views of nature, open fields, fjord, sunsets. Next to an EU seabird protection and habitat area.
Ideal whether you want to relax or have a base for exploring nearby Copenhagen and Northern Zealand.
Place for anyone seeking beautiful surroundings, peace and quiet at all times while only minutes away from close-by restaurants and shopping center and less than an hour’s drive to great sightseeing in the Greater Copenhagen area.
Studio apartment (80 m2/870 sq.ft) consisting of combined bed and living room, large bathroom, hallway, and a powder room. All rooms are tastefully furnished, airy and very bright. A separate entrance opens to a hallway with access to a powder room and the spacious combined living and bed room. The apartment has a modern luxury master bathroom that includes a 2-person hot tub. None of the rooms are shared with hosts. Floor heating provides maximum comfort during the cold season. Beamed ceilings and paned wall-to-wall windows facing south and west with panoramic unobstructed views of lawn, open fields and the inlet Roskilde Fjord. French doors directly to lawn and the property's private beach.
The apartment is located in an extension to 200 year old building. The later is a typical 18th century Danish farm house: four half-timbered wings enclosing a cobblestone paved courtyard. The buildings and interior have undergone a total refurbishment retaining the original style. My wife likes Shabby-chic and decorating our house. Articles with pictures from our home have been published in several European interior decorating magazines.
The property is detached and very quiet with breathtaking views. The lot is twelve thousand m2 (3 acre) with a private shoreline. Sunsets year around over the inlet Roskilde Fjord. The garden offers privacy and is shielded to the north by an orchard and high trees. You don't see other settlements from the property other than on the horizon. The water in the fjord is clear, clean, and with a shallow sand bottom. Watch and listen to seabirds and wading birds - in particular during August to April.
The apartment includes:
* Free parking in front of entrance.
* Separate outer door by key and lock.
* 42 m2 combined living and bed room with comfortable king-size double bed (180x200 cm).
* Optional: Extra single bed (80x200 cm).
* Spacious master bathroom with 2-person hot tub, shower, wash basins, toilet and bidet.
* Powder room with toilet and wash basin.
* Mini refrigerator, electric tea kettle and tableware.
* You can always borrow extra tableware/glasses/utensils.
* Bed linen, sheets, duvets, towels etc. are included in the price.
* Free Wi-Fi and Internet.
* 42 inch HDTV with Chromecast (Wi-Fi) and public Danish TV channels.
* Hi-Fi microsystem with Bluetooth and USB.
* Exercise bike in the master bathroom.
* Direct access to the lawn through French doors.
* Garden furniture.
* You can borrow bikes and kayak.
Shared with hosts:
* Paved courtyard serving as parking lot.
* Large garden bordered by trees, open fields and seashore.
* The hosts occupy the remaining buildings.
* No kitchen (but there is refrigerator, electric kettle and tableware).
* Continental breakfast is available for EUR 8/person/day and is served in privacy in the host's living room (direct access from the apartment's hallway).
Interaction with guests
We will interact with our guests as much as they would like us to. We will always be available to give any information or help that is required.
There will be a guide book available for you on arrival with instructions and recommendations of places to go and things to see.
Other things to note
* No extra fees for children under age 2 provided you bring baby bed.
* Cobblestones in the courtyard make our place less suited for wheelchairs. All door openings are 90 cm wide.
* Please look up for our small apricot poodle whenever you drive as it runs all too close to the wheels of cars! Otherwise, he is very friendly and loves children.
We expect our guests to take care of the apartment during their stay as if it was their own, as we have put the utmost care and dedication in decorating it for your comfort and enjoyment.
Please remove your shoes when inside (it's customary in Denmark). Comfortable underfloor heating active early Spring and late Autumn. You are welcome to bring your own slippers.
We are both retired and live in a 200 year old farmhouse next to Roskilde Fjord. I have traveled in many parts of the world, mostly for business. We lived for 4 years in US. Today, I love listening to Dolly Parton and other US country singers and to help our guests enjoy their stay with us. My wife prefers gardening, decorating our house, and run her vintage shop Kronen. We travel regularly to Belgium and France to buy at local flea markets and we both enjoy shopping tours to Provence (other than the long drive in a large van).