Just minutes from Mackinac City/Lake Huron on the famous Inland Waterway. 2 story Tudor home Sleeps 10. Complete with a 32 ft boat dock/shore power and water. Master bedroom main floor, 2 beds up and 2 Sofa sleepers in living area. Deck has patio furniture, lounge chairs and a small gas grill for use during the summer.
Walking to shops down town, ice cream shops, foot bridge to rec center, Park, outdoor concerts and Marina. Short distance to Bike and snowmobile trails.
Main floor and upstairs. Laundry is available at the local laundromat.
Interaction with guests
I am available if something comes up or you have questions. I'm just a phone call or text away.
Other things to note
Please keep parking to paved driveway only. Neighbor owns property on both sides and uses the gravel to the north of property for tenant parking. Please do not park there. If you have a boat that is going to be docked, use only the dock in front of the house. Docks on each side are private property and not for rental use. Thanks for your cooperation.
No smoking and no pets.
At the end of your stay please be sure all dishes are done, garbage is placed in the can outside on deck and all sheets and towels are deposited in the laundry shoot in the bedroom closet on the main floor.
HOUSE RULES: Tenants and all Occupants and Guests/Visitors agree to abide by any and all house rules, whether promulgated before or after the execution hereof, including but not limited to rules with respect to no loud noise or music, no disorderly conduct, odors, unkept disposal of refuse, no pets, no smoking in this rental, if smoking outside please take care of all butts, all vehicles will be parked ONLY on paved driveways or the street at all times. Tenants and all Occupants and Guests/Visitors agree that there will be no illegal drugs or any other illegal activity taking place on this property or in the surrounding neighborhoods. Tenants and all Occupants and Guests/Visitors are responsible to be and remain in compliance with these rules and regulations at all times. Please respect the home, the yard and the neighbors. Owners expect you to respect and treat said items as they do. Thank you in advance.
ORDINANCES & STATUTES: Tenants and all Occupants and Guests/Visitors shall comply with all laws, statutes, ordinances and requirements of all municipal, state and federal authorities now in force, or which may hereafter be in force pertaining to the use of the premises. Tenants and all Occupants and Guests/Visitors shall not create a nuisance by annoying, disturbing, inconveniencing or interfering with the quiet enjoyment and peace and quiet of any nearby residents.
PETS: No pets shall be brought on the premises under any circumstances. Additional cleaning fees will then be paid by Tenants to Owner for proper cleaning of home related to pets. Any additional damage caused by violation of the no pet rule will be the Tenants responsibility and Tenants agree to cover all costs to repair or replace damaged items.
SMOKING: Tenants acknowledge that smoking is prohibited in this rental. There is no smoking allowed at any time within the premises, by Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors. Additional cleaning fees will then be paid by Tenants to Owner for proper cleaning of home. Any additional damage caused by violation of the no smoking rule will be the Tenants responsibility and Tenants agree to pay all costs to repair or replace damaged items. There will be an automatic additional cleaning fee of $150.00 for carpet, drapery and furniture cleaning if the no smoking rule is ignored.
ADDITIONAL SERVICES & FACILITIES: Tenants, Occupants, Guests and Visitors understand the following services and facilities:
CAMPERS: No campers of any kind are allowed on the property. This includes the driveway, on the street.
APPLIANCES: The appliances provided in the dwelling by the Owner for the Tenants use are as follows: Stove/Oven, Refrigerator, Microwave, Dishwasher, and Water Heater. Tenants are responsible for the continued maintenance of all appliances. Any damage that occurs by Tenants will be the Tenants responsibility to report immediately to Owner or his authorized agent. Tenants will be responsible for paying to repair or replace any damaged appliances caused by misuse or neglect.
SLEEPER SOFA'S: The sofa's are supplied with an easily inflatable air mattress. Please take care when closing after each use, that no power cords, sheets or blankets are stuck in the mechanism and that the air has been let out. If the power cord or the air mattress gets damaged it is a rather large expense. If you happen to move the sofa, please make sure the power cord is not stuck under the sofa where it could get damaged. When finished please unplug the power cord. Tenants will be responsible for paying to repair or replace any damages caused by misuse or neglect. At the end of your stay please strip the sheets and place sheets in the downstairs bedroom closet. Laundry chute is in the floor of said closet.
Guests/Visitors are free to swim in the water and can also bring their own boat, canoes or kayaks and put them in the river Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors agree that they are using the water at their own risk and Owner is not responsible for any damages caused to or by the Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors.
BOAT LAUNCH: There is a public boat launch located on Lincoln Ave across the bridge, Occupants, Guests/Visitors who choose to bring their own boat. Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors agree to follow all local laws pertaining to boat launching and mooring. Owner is not responsible for such watercraft and Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors agree not to hold Owner responsible during the term of said lease for any damage, theft, or vandalism of watercraft while on said property or in public boat launch area. Depending upon the size of the boat, it may be parked in rental property’s driveway. No neighbor’s driveways or land may be used to park boats or other vehicles.
WINDOWS: Tenants are responsible if any window(s) or screen(s) become damaged or broken during the term of this tenancy. The Tenants will be responsible for repair(s) or replacement. Please if you open a window, make sure upon leaving you secure the premises by closing and locking all windows and doors.
KEYS / LOCKS: Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors shall not duplicate keys to rental property. Tenants agree to return all keys on day of departure. If Tenants do not return all keys, Tenants agree to pay Owner to have all locks changed on rental property for a total cost to Tenants of $500.00. Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors shall not change the locks on any of the exterior or interior doors of the premises. Any locked doors indicate that those areas are not to be accessed by Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors and are not included in the living space being rented. Also, locked basement is not to be accessed or used by Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors.
HEATING & COOLING: Gas furnace and air conditioning units are provided by the Owner, and are the responsibility of the Tenants to maintain and operate. The heat should not be turned up higher than 72 degrees and the air conditioning should not be lower than 68 degrees. Additional electric, gas or kerosene heating units is prohibited without Owner's written permission.
NO GARBAGE DISPOSAL: There is no garbage disposal; please DO NOT PUT FOOD ITEMS DOWN THE SINK, as it will damage and clog the drains, resulting in a fee to Tenants to correct.
TOILETS: Please flush only modest amounts of toilet tissue down the toilets and nothing else (no diapers, feminine products, etc.). Any other items flushed will damage and clog the toilets, resulting in a fee to Tenants to correct.
TRASH DISPOSAL: Tenants must put garbage in appropriate trash bags and place them in the plastic garbage can provided on the deck. They will be taken care of by housekeeping upon Tenant’s departure.
TELEPHONE: No land line in service. Tenants understand that they must bring and use their own cell phones if they need telephone service.
Wi-Fi is available.
TELEVISION: 2 local channels and a smart TV are available to use with WiFi.
10. MAINTENANCE, REPAIRS OR ALTERATIONS ON PREMISES: Tenants acknowledge that the home is in good order and repair, unless otherwise indicated on the Inventory of Furnishings. Tenants shall, at their own expense, and at all times, maintain the rental in a clean and sanitary manner including all equipment, appliances, furniture and furnishings therein and shall surrender the same at termination hereof, in as good condition as upon their arrival. Upon vacating, Tenants shall deliver premises as clean, orderly and undamaged as when received. Tenants shall be responsible for the cost of restoration of the rental to the condition it was at the commencement of this lease. Tenants shall be responsible for damages caused by their negligence and that of their Occupants, Guests/Visitors.
11. PLUMBING STOPPAGES: Tenants are responsible for all plumbing stoppages due to negligence of Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors. Tenants are responsible for the cleanup of waste spills as a result of any plumbing stoppages caused by Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors.
12. PESTS: Tenants agree to be responsible for the extermination of any insect or wildlife pest infestation during or as a result of the Tenant's occupancy.
13. RIGHT OF ENTRY FOR PERIODIC INSPECTION: The Owner or his agent may enter the premises with prior consent of the Tenant, or with (6) hours’ notice to any Tenant on the premises to be entered. The Owner may enter during reasonable hours and for the purpose of inspecting the premises, making necessary or agreed repairs, alterations or improvements, supplying necessary or agreed services, or exhibiting the dwelling unit to prospective or actual purchasers/tenants, mortgagees, workmen, contractors, or insurance inspectors. The Owner shall be deemed to have given notice by leaving a message on your mobile phone or posting a notice in a noticeable place stating such intent to enter, regardless of whether the Tenant is present or not. However, in the event of an emergency constituting a danger to life, health or property, the Owner or his agent may enter the property at any given time without the consent of or notice to the Tenants. The Owner shall have the right to enter the property at any given time upon the request for repairs.
14. INDEMNIFICATION: Owner shall not be liable for any damage, accidents, illness or injury to the Tenants or any other persons or to any property, occurring on the premises or any part thereof or in common areas thereof, unless such damage or injury is the proximate result of the negligence of the Owner, his agents or employees. Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors agree to hold Owner harmless from any claims from damages, no matter how caused. The Owner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Tenants, Occupants, Guests/Visitors. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all Tenants are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises, and the access and use of the Cheboygan River. The Tenants acknowledge and confirm that they will occupy the premises during the rental period completely at the Tenant’s, Occupant’s, Guests/Visitors own risk. The Owner is not in any way responsible for any act or omission, negligence, gross negligence, accident, injury, damage of any kind or any other loss of any kind caused or contributed to by any party during the rental period. The Tenants hereby release the Owner from any and all claims of any kind that may arise as a result of or are in any way related to the Tenant’s, Occupant’s, Guests/Visitors use of the property during the rental period.
CLEANING FEE: Tenants agree to pay a $100.00 non-refundable cleaning fee which will be used to clean all flooring, bathrooms, bedrooms, living room, kitchen, dining room, appliances, deck, yard and garbage removal. Tenants agree to strip sheets that were used and put in the laundry chute located in the closet floor of main floor bedroom upon departure. Tenants also agree to place all towels and washcloths that were used in the same said laundry chute upon departure.
SMOKE DETECTOR(S), FIRE EXTINGUISHER, CARBON MONOXIDE DETECTOR: Tenants acknowledge that the dwelling is equipped with smoke detector(s), fire extinguisher and carbon monoxide detector and are to report any problem with them to Owner or his agent immediately.