Our studio is situated poolside amidst beautiful, peaceful gardens in uptown New Orleans. It is 5 blocks to the St Charles streetcar and walking distance to restaurants, music clubs and streetcars. It has a luxuriously comfortable bed, loft ceiling and large windows with garden views.
Vincent’s Studio is its own ecosystem: one large living-room / bed-room with wooden floors, vaulted ceiling, comfortable, new queen-sized bed, and two nine-foot windows providing a view of a beautiful swimming pool and one of Vincent’s metal sculptures, a Calderesque mobile that has been gracefully spinning in the wind since 1961. Vincent was a painter and sculptor who had a prolific and successful career in Key West and Boston before coming to live in New Orleans with his daughter, Tamarin. He commissioned the cottage to be built as his work studio; with the two big windows giving him the northern light he thought was optimal for painting. Some of his paintings inhabit the studio and infuse it with his spirit and sense of creativity.
Vincent’s Studio sits behind and alongside the 100-year-old side-hall cottage that is home to your hosts. The studio is entered through its own gate on a driveway that affords you off-street parking. Outdoor lounging with a lovely view of the gardens can be enjoyed in rockers on the porch and from two chaise-lounges at poolside. Guests can use the pool from 9 am - 6 pm. There is a private patio for the hosts behind the main house.
License or registration number17STR-05444
Learn about this number
1. We ask guests to be respectful of the shared gardens and pool. Pool hours are 9 am until 6 pm, unless otherwise agreed on. Hot tub is for owner's use.
2. No smoking. This is a smoke-free environment.
3. Please provide names of all guests.
4. Check-in after 2 pm & Check-out before 11 am.
5. Please be respectful of neighbors and Hosts
6. No parties without prior agreement with Host
7. No outside overnight guests (other than pre-approved guests)
8. Host is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occur while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that the Guest is expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
9. Guest agrees not to download any unlawful content from the Internet while using the wifi provided by the Host.
10. Should an accident or damage to property occur, please notify host/manager immediately.
We look forward to hosting and helping people enjoy their visit to New Orleans. We are New Orleans enthusiasts with plenty of local recommendations.
Steve is a New Orleans native who eventually graduated from Tulane. He co-founded a music club with a group of friends and later worked as a chef for many years in a number of local and distant venues. He now practices law, also a very interesting service industry.
Tamarin was raised in Key West and did not own a sweater until she was in junior high. She had car trouble in New Orleans during a cross-country road trip in the mid-70s and decided to stay. She is an occupational therapist and yoga teacher.