Simply do not think twice about booking this room and here is why:
1) Safety: JH security and police patrol 24/7 and every time I went out or came back to the house I would find a security officer within a few meters proximity.
2) Everything you need is less than 2 mins away (not exaggerating): do you want to take the bus? bus stop just across the street. You want to eat? not less than 5 restaurants from chipotle to subway to Pizza studio to indian/japanese/chinese/korean cuisine .. all just 1 to 5 mins away. Coffee? Starbucks just 1 block away!! Grocery? there's a market just across the street and another one 1 block away. Any business in JHU? its on the parallel street along with the (URL HIDDEN) Hair Salon? .. you get my point
3) Comfortable Room and House: The bed is so comfortable I'm gonna miss it so much. The room has all the furniture you might need. The kitchen has all the equipment you might need. the dining table has a nice garden view, used to study there everyday, very peaceful. Believe me it will feel just like home.
4) Esther: What a lovely host, always there if you need her, respects your privacy and is open to conversations.
5) Dogs: if you are a dog lover, this is a bonus for you because they are the cutest AND if you are indifferent/afraid of dogs, they are the most peaceful dogs I've ever seen, you surely wont mind them.
I'm sure there are many more reasons that I can't think of right now, but I'm so glad I have chosen this place, it has made my experience in Baltimore all the more lovely.
I would strongly recommend anyone who has any business in Medstar Union Memorial Hospital (as in my case) to book a room in this house because it is honestly the best place you could find safety and location wise.