This small but modern house has everything you need for your visit to Liverpool. 20 min walk to the city centre, close to buses and shops (a BIG Tesco store is close by!).
Includes parking for one car. Convenient for University and the Waterfront.
This whole "lock up and go" house is compact, but it has everything that you need for a short or a long stay.
The whole house is yours, and you have one reserved parking place close by.
Interaction with guests
You will be met, probably by our daughter or one of her family, otherwise we leave you to your own devices! But note that our family is very well embedded in local Liverpool life, and if you have ANY questions about what to do in town, you only have to ask!
Other things to note
As of August 2016, we have now installed ADSL broadband services: Internet access is now included.
Please treat the house as if it was your own, and leave it as you found it - or better! As a minimum:
• All trash and rubbish is to be taken out to the dustbin (just outside, around the corner). Regular rubbish in the purple bin, recycling in the blue one (there is a list of what you can recycle on the lid).
• All used crockery, cutlery and kitchen equipment to be properly cleaned and returned to its proper storage
• Hot water and central heating to be turned off
• Check you have removed all your personal belongings from the cupboards and drawers.
You are living in a community that mostly comprises permanent residents.
• You and your guests must act with full consideration of the other residents’ need to quietly enjoy their own spaces.
• No disturbance or nuisance is allowed from radios, TVs, or other equipment.
• The area around the house must be kept clean.
• No animals are allowed without permission.
• Nothing is to be hung or shaken out of the windows.
• No ball games or other hazardous sports.
• You are responsible for insurance of your own property.
No smoking is allowed INSIDE the house, please ... thank you!
Finally, having hosted many, many guests, with just one or two disappointments, please note that we submit factual reviews to AirBnB (if necessary with full details) so as to be as helpful as we can to future hosts. Please be one of the majority of wonderful, thoughtful guests whom we can recommend to others!
We are a retired couple originally from the UK, living in or near Cape Town for 16 years. We have been renting property since 2001. We thoroughly enjoy hosting people here in Cape Town and Ann has qualified as an official tourism guide to Cape Town and the local areas. Andy enjoys building and the apartment became available five years ago when he finished building our new house in the country.
We both enjoy camping, old heritage buildings, the wild areas of South Africa, and revelling in the hospitality of the winelands (that's where the new house is ... !).
You can see more about the Mutual Building (14 Darling Street, where the apartment is located) on Wikipedia if you simply search (on Wikipedia) for "Mutual Building" - go there, it's worth it because it is an amazing building!
We have family in Liverpool and we visit as often as possible to watch the grandchildren growing up. We have recently added our small house in Liverpool to AirBnB, and it attracts a lot of enquiries. Our daughter Kate will look after you if you are going there, but we are in touch with you all of the way.