Modern apartment on the third floor, on the hill, with sea view over the whole Gaeta bay and pontine islands: Ventotene and Ponza.
Unique and modern environment with beautiful sea views only 5 km from the sea, 6 km from the splendid seafront of Scauri - Marina with its four kilometers of walking. 2 km from the historic center of Minturno, 12 km from Formia and 16 km By the beautiful Gaeta. The place lends itself to a stay of tranquility and relaxation, accompanied almost always by a light sea breeze ...
Possibility to take advantage of the garden on the ground floor for children to play.
Other things to note
Monuments and places of interest.
The bell tower of St. Peter's Church
The Bourbon Bridge on the Garigliano
"St. Peter's Church" (XI-XII century).
"Church of St. Francis", built in 1363 by the Caetani family. On the right wall you can admire the fresco of Madonna delle Grazie, Patron of Minturno.
"Church of the Annunziata" (14th century), with frescoes of the time. In the apse is painted a "Crucifixion", made in 1333, perhaps by Giotto's pupils. It was repeatedly damaged: by Turkish pirates in 1552, by Napoleonic troops in 1799 and by a fire in 1888. It was reopened in 1931 as a votive temple of the Minturnes who fell in the First World War after the restoration commissioned by fellow citizen Pietro Fedele, Historian and Minister of Public Education in 1925-28.
"Hanging Bridge" on Garigliano, with iron chains, the first made in Italy, restored a few years ago. Commissioned by the Bourbon, was designed by the engineer Luigi Jura and inaugurated in 1832 by King Ferdinand II.
Remnants of the perimeter wall of the Scauri Cardboard, on Appia Street, near the Parish Church of the Immaculate Conception. Provider of the Kingdom of Naples, the factory was quoted by the German writer Johann Wolfgang von Goethe in the monograph dedicated to court painter Jacob Philipp Hackert. The scaurese factory produced high-quality sheets for real plastering and printing.
"Baronale Castle" (around the ninth century), where, amongst others, were St. Thomas Aquinas, Isabella Colonna and Giulia Gonzaga.
Coast towers. At Scauri, in the Protected Area that is part of the Ulisse Riviera Regional Park, there is the "Torre dei Molini" (14th century), erected in defense of millstones once moved by the Rio Capodacqua, and the "Square Tower" or " Cavallari ", on the" Golden Mount "(XVI century).
Ruins of the Roman city of Minturnae (near the hamlet of Marina). The Archaeological Complex now encloses most of the remains of the port city. The majestic Roman Theater, built around the 1st century AD, stands out in the three characteristic areas (scaena, orchestra, cavea), welcoming over 4,000 spectators. Each summer, the ancient structure hosts a prestigious Show Season, inaugurated in August 1960 by actress Emma Gramatica, protagonist of "Le troiane" by Euripide. Within the area are visible an original stretch of the Appia Street ( Decumanus Maximus), built in blocks of basaltic lava, the remains of the Republican Forum (2nd century BC), Capitolium (dedicated to Jupiter, Juno and Minerva), Imperial Forum, Macellum (Market), Tabernae, (2nd century AD) In the spaces below the Càvea is located the museum that welcomes acephalus statues, sculptures, ex voto, epigraphs, coins (replicated in the nearby river) and numerous finds, found in the last century in Minturnae, in the urban center of Scauri And in the Castelforte area Testimonials from Minturnae are still preserved at the Archaeological Museums of Zagreb (Croatia), Philadelphia (USA) and Naples. The modern Appia trail is intersected with numerous and Archaic arches of the (website hidden) Romano, a long time about 11 kilometers. Towards the mouth of the Garigliano there are, then, the ruins of an ancient sacred place, the Temple of the nymph Marica, the deity of the waters. The town of Minturnae also had an amphitheater not yet brought to light. Archaeologically Minturnae would be even more interesting if Marshal Laval Nugent, the Bourbon army commander, had not deprived him of 1820 of precious sculptures (158 finds). So, as a result of that intervention, many works have landed abroad.
Ruins of ancient Pirae (Πίραι in ancient greek) in old Scauri. A section of the "Megalithic Walls" (V-IV century BC) and an urban door (perhaps VII-VI century BC) are visible, with a capping vaulted cryptoportico. These testimonies are enclosed in private property, but are placed in the Protected Area of Gianola-Monte di Scauri, part of the Riviera Regional Park of Ulisse.
Remains of the villa of the Roman consul Marco Emilio Scauro, in Scauri old. It is worth mentioning a double-arch door, which enters a corridor, decorated with parietal paintings referring to the III Pompeian style, and seven blind arches or forts (II-I century BC).
Education and respect.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.