I enjoyed my stay at Margarita's studio in central downtown Vancouver. She was out of town so she requested a couple to meet me at the apartment. I stayed for a whole week at her place.
Here are my thoughts:
1. Location, location, location: Perfect location. Probably as central as it can get. Near the train stations (including the line from the airport) and so close to the main mall, convenience stores, and restaurants. It is clearly a hub.
2. Room and amenities: Very spacious compared to a hotel room of comparable price. Her place had a nice clean kitchen, a murphy bed, a sofa, lots of storage space for clothes, modern bathroom, patio (view is okay), wifi, tv, kitchen utensils and washer and dryer. She made sure there were ample towels, pillows, bed sheets and a bar of soap.
1. Service: The main CON I can think of was the service provided by her friends. They were nice enough. But upon my arrival at the airport, I called them to say I would be there at 4:30 pm as earlier notified and as planned. One of her friends made a comment: "Oh, good, because we've been waiting for 2 hours now". So that wasn't a nice welcome line. Further, her friends weren't quite organized in showing the things in the apartment - which is fair - considering that they might be doing this for the first time and only as a favour to Margarita. The last minor incident was when one of her friends told me "Yes, you can contact us but hopefully not to call us often" when I asked if I could contact them if ever there was an emergency or pressing matter.
I am a reasonable person and I know they're not hotel staff or the concierge. So hearing that seemed like they were not enthusiastic hosts.
2. No buzzer: Very minor. In case you have a guest, you need to go to the lobby to meet the person. You can't buzz in a guest.
3. One week stay minimum: According to Margarita's friends, the building doesn't look favourably on airbnb short term rentals. Thus, she had to write management and tell them to afford courtesy to me because I am not a short term guest but a long term one (one week). I don't know the exact situation for short term renters but for me, as a guest for one week, I didn't experience any problems accessing or leaving the building or bringing in a guest. Just be aware that this information was mentioned to me by the host's friends.
4. Supplies: Not enough toilet paper and no dishwashing liquid and shampoo.
Overall, I give this place a high rating and recommend others to get this place when they visit Vancouver. Any negative comments are minor in my opinion.