Spacious house next to temple, shrine and public bathhouse. Enjoy a traditional home w/ modern facilities. Perfect location for families, long-term travellers and those using JR Rail pass. Feel at home, not a hotel!
Feel like a true local living in a real home! I have just renovated the entire interior with balance traditional atmosphere with clean, modern facilities. Enjoy a local and calming environment. We want you to pack light so take note of what we have for you!
Note that this is not one of those company-run cookie cutter rooms. This is the host's real house(formerly living there) so it feels like a real place for real people. If you are looking for an authentic Japanese living experience then this is it. One of the rooms on the 1st floor we keep was an office so that is unaccessible.
We will provide you with:
- Fast WIFI in House
- Comfy futons with clean sheets
- Lockers with key for valuables
- Enormous closet space and hangers
- Amenities and towels (for house and public bath)
- Complimentary public bath ticket
- Slippers (indoor and outdoor)
- Air Conditioner
- 2 Space Heaters
- 1 Fan
- All small toiletries (swabs, nail clippers, razor, toothbrush, cotton pads, plus small requests and I will get it for you)
- Bicycle to get to the supermarket and public bath
- Low Japanese-style table in common room
- International plug adapter
- Full collection of Murakami Haruki books if you happen to be a fan
Maximum 5 futons in the house. If you have children we suggest sharing.
There are stairs to the 2nd floor so for elderly they better stay on the 1st floor. The 1st floor room is a living room but can be converted to a bed room. note that we don't recommend 5 adults stay as there will be completely no room to move in the bedoroom.
If you are interested in this house please send me a message with this information:
1) An introduction about yourself and your guests and any special needs they may have
2) You general travel plans in Japan
3) How will I contact you within Japan and meet with you to bring you to the house
You can use the entire house except for the room on the 1st floor which we keep as an office area. We just store documents and some extra stock items and cleaning materials there.
Interaction with guests
Meeting location is at the East Exit of JR Shin-Osaka station (in front of 7-11 convenience store)and show you the way to the house. I require guests to be in contact with me in Japan so please use an international calling card or rental pocket wifi device so the check in can go without problem.
If you have any questions about traveling we would be happy to answer and help you plan your trip. If you have any special requests and want us to accompany you as a guide please consult with us anytime. With us, you won't get lost and you will know the real local perspective!
We want to exchange emails with our guests to know the amount of interaction they are looking for so we can adjust our schedules to suit that need.
Our ideal guests are those who appreciate traditional Japanese culture, live a healthy lifestyle, are willing to try all sorts of culinary adventures and enjoy a quiet zen-like environment when they come home.
Other things to note
The area for rent is the house so you can have lots of privacy. I will do my best to show you around and take you out if I can adjust my days off to match your schedule. I enjoy interacting with my guests and making sure they get the most out of Japan. That means I like to give clear information and directions so none of your precious time is wasted in getting lost. If you prefer to have more privacy and go on your own please let me know beforehand!
This house is in a quiet neighbourhood so I recommend that you enjoy your time outside and then come back to a cozy and relaxing house at night. I encourage my guests to wake up early, get out and explore Japan! The main request is to keep noise down from 10pm as the neighbours are elderly and sleep early. If you have a big family please be aware of this point and consider if you are able to enforce this rule on your children.
This house is quite large so if you have a group that is larger than my listed number please consult with me and I will see how I can accommodate. Also children are welcome to stay for free if they share a futon with their parent and are under the age of 6.
1) Quiet time from 10pm as neighbours sleep early. If you think this is impossible I would recommend you choose another property.
2) Turn off any appliances or lights after use.
3) Put away items after use.
4) No outside guests (please inform hosts if you want to bring someone first).
5) You can use all items in the house for free unless labelled.
6) The house is non-smoking. Smoking is outside the front door.
7) Do not leave windows opened or unattended, especially when it rains.
8) Please do not slam or open the front door loudly as the other houses are very close.
9) Enjoy Kansai!
10) We come sometimes to take out the garbage (Garbage can only be picked up on a scheduled day) so you can leave anything you have just inside the entrance and we will pick it up, but not outside as the cats and crows will eat it.
My name is Vince. A former backpacker and now living in Kansai, Japan.
I believe I come from a global village. The countries were I was born in, grew up in and work in are all different. I can speak up to 5 languages and have friends in every country around the world.
Having been a former backpacker, I have always been moved by the hospitality of generous hosts I have had the pleasure of staying with in the past. My first couchsurfing experience was in Madras, India and after that experience I wanted to become a host. I have hosted numerous couchsurfers in the past and now have included airbnb on the list.
My style of hosting is very different from other places. This is not a business for me this is a HOBBY. Therefore, I prefer guests who seem genuinely interested in Japanese culture and interacting with me. If you just want a convenient place to stay with lots of privacy please inform me in your inquiry.
As a host I want to make sure you have the best possible time in Japan. I will recommend some of the best local restaurants, activities and places to see. If I am free I would not mind to take you out as well. In return I expect that you respect the rules of the house and keep in good communication. If your purpose is to get deep into Japan then please do send me a message :)