Cosy bedroom opening onto private light-well with private bathroom in a spacious, sun drenched, Swedish-inspired house near everything!
Sunny balcony with city view, 10-15 mins walk to the MCG, Rod Laver Arena, HiSense Arena and Aimee Stadium and 20 mins walk to the city, 10 mins by tram.
Cosy bedroom with super comfy luxurious mattress with floor to ceiling glass doors opening onto a small lightwell/courtyard + just a couple of metres down the hall to your private bathroom in a beautiful, light, very Instagrammable, Swedish-inspired house, windows everywhere!
Great open plan kitchen and sunny balcony overlooking the city. Set in a friendly, safe, quiet street just off the main shopping street in Richmond and surrounded by funky cafes and bars.
Additional amenities included:
- Big fluffy sheridan towels
- Super comfy luxury Queen mattress
- Tea station in your room with loads of different teas
- Guest manual with all our favourite places to eat and see in Melbourne
- Approximately 1 million maps and guidebooks for Melbourne & surrounds
- Standing fan
- Ducted heating
- Hair dryer
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash, makeup pads and cotton buds
- Wardrobe with hangers
- two bathrobes so you can get to and from the bathroom easily (2m away) without getting dressed
- Washing machine and laundry liquid, line dry on clothes horses (or there is a laundromat 4 mins walk from us on Lennox St)
- Ducted heating for the whole house in winter
- Aircon & ceiling fans in the upstairs area and standing fans in bedrooms when needed
- Insect screens on all doors and windows so you can leave them open without insects coming in
- Huge kitchen with dishwasher & all the essentials (salt, pepper, cooking oil, cereal, milk, tea, coffee, a selection of spreads, butter)
Ideal location for the Australian Open and the cricket, footy, soccer (etc!) at Aimee park and concerts at Rod Laver (we're a 10 min walk from the courts and the MCG and 15 mins from Aimee Stadium and Rod Laver Arena).
100m from a 10 minute tram into the heart of Melbourne City.
You have full access to the house including washing machine and large sun drenched balcony with BBQ overlooking the city
Your access includes:
- Private bedroom
- Private bathroom (this is a couple of metres down the hall from your room, we provide bathrobes)
- Huge kitchen and living areas with a view over Melbourne city
- Sun filled balcony with BBQ
- Simple breakfast included
- Living area and kitchen is upstairs and the bedrooms are downstairs, split level allows for a lot of privacy.
Interaction with guests
I live in the house (and occasionally my partner Luke also), we're very friendly and easy going and will let you get on with your own thing.
The split level house allows for a lot of privacy. I'll be in and out during your stay, I work from home some days but am often out and about. My house is yours to enjoy, I'm happy to offer advice about exploring my favourite city.
There is a detailed manual in your room with all our favourite restaurants, cafes and sights in Melbourne, plus maps and guide books galore for Melbourne and surrounds.
Other things to note
- Simple breakfast foods provided (a range of cereal and muesli, coffee, long life milk, spreads, etc. BYO bread, I am a coeliac so I don't have bread stocked for you but you're welcome to bring your own, I have all the spreads and butter for you.)
- Please note that there is no TV in the house. I'm sure you're not visiting Melbourne to watch TV, but if you are someone who can't be without one, this listing is not for you. There is a great rooftop pub called the Mountain View Hotel 1 min walk from the property which has at least a million TVs playing all manner of sports.
- There is aircon in the upstairs area of the house, the bedrooms do not have aircon, but they do have big fans for the odd days where Melbourne is extra hot in summer, and the house has ducted heating in winter.
- No smoking anywhere on the property, inside or out.
- No smoking anywhere on the property (not inside or out), and no smokers (sorry, smoker's clothes make the room smell even when you smoke outside)
- Please ask before inviting visitors over
- Please be aware that this is our home, not a hotel, please treat it and our belongings with respect :)
This host has 33 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm a friendly Kiwi mindfulness trainer and avid traveller who has made myself a base in beautiful Melbourne.
I'm a very warm and friendly host and love hosting new people in my home. I'm happy to let you get on and do your own thing and my split level house and your master bedroom with ensuite is great for privacy.
I speak English and French, and am happy to recommend things to check out in one of my favourite cities.