Outpost Projects is a live-in gallery located on five acres of pristine Mojave Desert that is a new and forward-thinking way of combining the beauty of the desert and life among museum-quality art for art lovers and desert adventurers. Outpost Projects is a rare opportunity to live inside of an artist run contemporary art space, where the carefully curated exhibitions change every few months.
More on Instagram - @outpost_projects
Outpost Projects is a new and forward-thinking way of combining the beauty of the desert and life among museum-quality art for art lovers and desert adventurers. Set on 5 acres of pristine desert filled with Joshua Trees and 360 degree spectacular views, Outpost is conveniently located 10-20 minutes from Joshua Tree National Park, the Integratron, Pappy and Harriet’s/ Pioneertown, Pipes Canyon and downtown Yucca Valley and Joshua Tree.
Outpost Projects was created by artists with pure inspiration in mind and is truly a unique experience. Combining modern creature comforts with a fantastic selection of contemporary art, visitors can enjoy the completely renovated mid-century modern home (two new queen memory foam beds, couch, central air and heat, polished concrete floors, artisanal details, all new appliances) and on-site artwork, including rotating exhibitions that include both indoor artwork, and an outdoor sculpture garden on the property. There is a detailed map so that you can take the tour of the art on the property.
Outpost Projects has been a labor of love, set in one of the most extraordinary settings in the United States. When staying with us, you are supporting the vibrant art community of the high desert while enjoying a completely unique art immersion experience. As the stars brighten the desert sky, you can enjoy the beauty of the desert and stay in a home that has been consciously created to be a serene place of beauty, creativity, and inspiration.
We hope you enjoy this beautiful property as much as we have and hope your stay at Outpost Projects is an unforgettable one. Please tell us a little about yourselves and your plans in Joshua Tree. We look forward to hearing from you.
- Newly renovated homesteader cabin built in 1958.
- 3 bedroom /1 bath - 1300 sq ft
- 2 queen sized memory foam beds, down comforters, extra wool blankets/bedding
- Third bedroom/office has a couch that can sleep one comfortably
- The main living space has a couch that can sleep one comfortably.
- free wireless internet
- area guide provided with art recommendations, local highlights, and hiking areas.
- Bright, airy, spacious open concept kitchen/dining/living area.
- All new appliances - glass top stove and oven, full size fridge/freezer, microwave, dishwasher.
- Fire pit/ fire pit grill - bring your own firewood
- Charcoal BBQ - bring your own charcoal briquettes
- 360 degree views, hiking right from the house
- Study/library with artist books, contemporary art books, and area related information.
- Playing cards/tarot cards/ board games
- Kitchen/ living area is an open floor plan that includes a large handmade dining table, butcher block kitchen island, and concrete countertops
- The immediate area around the house is completely fenced with 5' tall chain link fence/locked gates/secure
- Full newly built kitchen with all conveniences- oven, microwave, dishwasher, pots&pans, toaster oven, french presses, electric tea kettle, utensils, dishes, Brita water filter, spices, cooking oil, linens, cleaning supplies, etc.
- Complementary selection of coffees & teas
- Cast iron bathtub and shower, soap and shampoo.
Interaction with guests
Either us or our liaison can be available at most check-ins. For flexible visitors, we may just provide you with an access code and lockbox key.
Other things to note
- Note that the cowboy pool is available only for the summer months and weather pending, generally June/July - September. Inquire to confirm that it is available before booking.
- We require a two night minimum stay to keep the costs to the guests low.
- $65 cleaning fee
- 25 years of age minimum, a copy of drivers license required.
The most important house rule is to respect our home, the artwork, and the desert environment. We have created a very unique and special place that we would like to share with you, please respect the property and the land to treat it as your own, this is not a party house. There is a fair amount of wildlife that live in and around the property. We remind guests to watch for snakes and scorpions underfoot, and to not chase the jackrabbits or coyotes that roam through. The wildlife that make this desert their home include cottontail rabbits, cactus wrens, lizards, desert tortoises, jackrabbits, coyotes, owls, roadrunners, and bobcats.
We ask that guests to keep the lights low in the evenings to maximize the neighborhood darkness for star viewing. The neighborhood is peaceful and is not suited for loud gatherings.
CHECK-IN TIME is 3PM Please arrive before dark, if you foresee that you will arrive later than 7, please let us know.
CHECK-OUT TIME is noon.
Absolutely no smoking indoors. Smoking outdoors is permitted using a provided ashtray. We live in the desert, and brushfire is a real possibility.
No firearms allowed.
Absolutely no commercial photography or filming is permitted on site without previous agreement with us.
Please clean up after yourselves, do your dishes, and leave any linens in the linen baskets for us to wash. We have a maid after every guest, but it makes it much easier if you can leave it like you found it.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
Hi there! I am a visual artist, desertist, and avid outdoorswoman. I am a permaculture enthusiast and plant lover from a Scandinavian background. When I am not in my studio, you can often find me out hiking or gardening. As a host, I enjoy sharing the beauty of the desert alongside thought provoking artwork, a perfect combination in my mind. I travel often and am happy to share my home while I am away, I aim to create a unique, welcoming space filled with handmade and carefully considered objects. Outpost Projects is a live in art gallery, a sanctuary for art lovers and desert adventurers alike, it is a labor of love and in constant evolution. There are rotating contemporary art exhibitions at Outpost that change every few months, each organized by a guest curator so every visit is guaranteed to be unique and different. Welcome! We are excited for your stay.