Step back in time and become royalty by staying at Knoxville's most unique estate - your very own castle only ten minutes from downtown. Surrounded by 300 acres of Ijams Nature Center. Secret passage, towers, swords, armor, and magic abound!
A stay at Williamswood Castle is an epic adventure into medieval Scotland - Modeled after a Scottish hunting lodge, our guests - the lords and ladies of the estate - will enjoy such amenities as a multi-level balcony overlooking the Tennessee River, a massive bedroom complete with the Sistine Chapel painted on the ceiling, several fireplaces, a bookshelf that moves out of the way to reveal a staircase, forty-two leaded stained glass windows, and more than 4,500 square feet of magic.
Have a pint of ale in the Black Dog Pub, or take a walk through the more than three hundred acres of forests of Ijams Nature Center that surround the property.
Features include the following:
-500 feet of riverfront;
-A massive multi-level deck overlooking the river;
-Ponds, gardens, and forests;
-Surrounded by 300 acres of Ijams Nature Center;
-Your very own pub;
-Three bedrooms (one of which has an antique sleigh bed that cannot accommodate anyone over six feet tall!);
-A secret passage;
-Hand-carved wood details abound;
-Four gas fireplaces;
-Dozens of pieces of antique furniture;
-The most unique and amazing house in Knoxville.
Williamswood Castle is an unforgettable adventure for the whole family!
The entire premises, with the exception of the chapel that is disconnected from the castle and the garage. The roof-porch off the second floor of the master bedroom is under construction - please pardon our dust!
Other things to note
Check-in is from 3:00 pm until 9:00 pm. Check-out is no later than 11:00 am.
This venue is also used for weddings and other events. Please wait for confirmation from us once you book. Thank you!
Please enjoy the estate, but there are a few rules that you must strictly adhere to.
1. No smoking in the Castle.
2. No weddings, professional photo shoots, or large parties. If you want to schedule a wedding or other large party, we will be happy to accommodate you if you contact us without making a booking.
3. If you have guests over, absolutely no parking outside of the gate. The neighbors WILL tow your's and your guests' cars without warning.
4. No more than 10 visitors beyond those registered to stay per night. If you want to bring more people over, please let us know in advance and we may be able to accommodate you.
5. Williamswood is full of antiques and art. If any of your guests steal, deface, or otherwise damage any part of the property, you will be held personally responsible.
6. No entering the garage. That is our staging area.
7. Absolutely no pets allowed indoors.
Generally you will receive a tour of the castle, as well as instruction on how to operate the castle. You will have my personal cell phone number just in case you need me for anything.
Welcome to Knoxville - I will be the host of your stay at Williamswood Castle - I am a native Knoxvillian -- a lawyer, a beer-maker, and an air-cooled Volkswagen mechanic. I love meeting new people wherever I go, and have traveled all over the world in search of the most interesting people, the best adventures, and the tastiest food.
Even though I have traveled and lived everywhere from Japan to South Africa, I still call Knoxville home, and want to show you the best time possible so that you see Knoxville as I do -- a quirky, fun, diverse, and sometimes ludicrously epic city.