Our adobe-style home features wonderful views, lots of places to play games and chat, a eat-in gourmet kitchen, a fabulous tennis court on the property, hiking trails nearby, and a short drive to the Santa Fe Plaza.
Come visit today!
Perfect for a golf, tennis or bookclub getaway, as well as family vacations, this spacious adobe style house invites you to gather by the wood-burning kiva fireplace in the living room, take your morning coffee under the covered portal outside looking east towards the Sangre de Cristo mountains, or watch the sun set over the Jemez mountains in the west while dining al fresco on the kitchen patio.
The house sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, with a pull-out queen sleeper sofa in the living room to accommodate 2 more guests, and 3 full baths to keep everyone happy.
The oversized master bedroom has a king size bed, a wonderful bath with a jetted tub, two sinks and separate shower with huge walk in closet, a door outside to the covered portal, and a t.v. The "queen" bedroom, which doubles as a family room, has a comfortable seating area with a t.v., a poker table and chairs complete with professional poker chips, a queen bed for sleeping, a lovely ensuite bathroom, a large walk-in closet, and two doors to the outside, one to the kitchen patio and one to a private sunning area surrounded by a coyote fence. The twin bedroom has two XL twin beds, its own door outside to the kitchen patio, and a large closet, with a complete bath just across the hall. The living room contains a queen sleeper sofa, easily pulled out at night and folded away during the day. The living room shares the hall bath with the 2nd bedroom, and has an outside door to the covered portal.
The centrally-located eat-in gourmet kitchen, with its granite counters and island and SubZero, Wolf, and Asko appliances, is well-stocked with the essentials for making a great meal, and roomy enough for your entire group to hang out in. You can eat your meals at the pounded copper 6 person dining table (easily expanded to seat 8) inside, or at the oval outdoor dining table on the kitchen patio.
Why stay at an inn or hotel, when you can enjoy all this space?
The private tennis court on the property has stunning views. Numerous tennis racquets are available if you don't want to bring your own, and a can of tennis balls is provided.
The house's 2.5 acres has extensive landscaping, and is fully fenced for your privacy.
Our caretakers live on site in a casita overlooking the tennis court that is well separated from the main house. They are eager to take care of any of your needs or concerns.
Guests have access to the entire house. Guests are welcome to play tennis on the private tennis court on the property between 7:30 am and dusk. Guests have easy access to the hiking trails in the 1,500 acres La Tierra public recreation area just across the street from the house. No access to the roof is allowed. The caretake lives in a cabana on the property, which is not open to guests.
Interaction with guests
The caretaker, who lives in a separate structure on the property, generally greets our guests and gets them familiar with the house, and is available to help with any problems that arise.
Other things to note
Families with kids are welcome.
The house has radiant floor heat with several zones to maximize your comfort.
Wireless internet service is provided, though it is slow since it is routed thru the phone lines, as there is no cable service in the area.
There is a HD DVR tv in the living room, and HD tvs in the master and queen bedroom. We have basic DISH tv service which includes ESPN. Instructions on how to use the tv clickers, and a listing of channels are in each room.
Cell service is spotty, so a land-line is provided for local calls, bring a calling card for long distance.
1. Only the number of guests paid for thru Airbnb are allowed to stay overnight at the house, with a maximum number of 8 guests allowed.
2. Our house is a no smoking house.
3. Pets are allowed for an additional nightly charge and owner approval.
4. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while Guest is on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss or theft of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premises.
5. We ask our guests to minimize outside noise from 10pm to 7:30 am.
6. Guest will receive the property in reasonable condition, and will maintain the property in the same reasonable condition. Guests are liable for any loss or breakage of the contents of the house, and shall report such findings to the Caretaker or Owner as soon as possible.
7. Guest will only use appliances for their customary intended uses
8. There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not. No towels or linens are to be taken from the house.
9. Only toilet paper should be flushed down the toilets, no feminine products should be flushed down at any time.
10. Guests must vacate the house by 10 am on the morning of departure, and must leave the gate and garage door openers on the kitchen counter, and the house in reasonably clean conditions.
11. The house has a kiva fireplace in the living room for use during the winter months only. Although not are required for warmth, guests may choose to use these for enjoyment or supplementary heat. Special instructions will be required for safe use of the Kiva fireplace; please ask ahead if you wish to use this fireplace. The fireplace is not to be used during the warmer months.
12. Tennis can be played from 7:30 am to dusk