Secluded log cabin with wood burning sauna on Paradise Cove. Master bedroom with a king-size bed, loft with four single beds, full kitchen, bathroom, wi-fi, Direct TV. Relish the peace & solitude of your private wilderness retreat. Beach access.
ASK ABOUT OUR SPECIAL: Shoulder season--4th night free. Peak season--5th night free!
This rustic, secluded log cabin rental is located at Mile 6 of Mud Bay Road, on Paradise Cove, overlooking the Chilkat Inlet, Rainbow Glacier and Davidson Glacier. The cabin was hand-built by a local artisan in 1983 for an Alaska tourism pioneer. This was his favored personal hideaway. Your visit here will not only afford you spectacular views from the spacious waterfront cabin and broad deck, but will also put you in touch with a slice of Alaska history. Family memorabilia from 30 years of this well-known patriarch’s life provide glimpses into his life, and the love and memories shared in this idyllic spot.
Paradise West is an open-plan cabin with a partioned off master bedroom with a king-size bed, plus an open loft with two twins beds and two trundle beds. There is also a queen hide-a-bed sofa in the living area.
While rustic and remote, the cabin does have city electricity and indoor plumbing: a shower, toilet and sink, all with non-potable water. We provide 15 gallons of drinking water for your arrival. The jugs may be refilled at the local spring. The kitchen has a refrigerator-freezer, electric range/oven, microwave oven, toaster, coffee maker, and blender. The kitchen is completely stocked with dishes, glasses, flatware, pots, pans and all you need for meal preparation. There is even a barbeque on the deck. An oil heater will keep you warm if needed. Wi-fi for email checking, Direct TV, DVD player, stereo, and phone for local calls only.
Relish the peace and solitude of your private wilderness retreat. Climb down the hand-hewn steps and trail to the beach below the cabin to enjoy a waterfront bonfire or beachcombing. Enjoy the many attractions and activities Haines offers: drive a short way to the Chilkat State Park; go fishing, hiking, bird-watching; or comb the local art galleries for a special piece to take home. This is truly a unique place, steeped in the history, beauty and wilderness for which Alaska is famous.
The log cabin and sauna are yours to enjoy. Please note: NO SMOKING anywhere on the property.
Interaction with guests
Randa, the property manager, is available by phone for any questions or concerns.
Other things to note
While rustic and remote, the cabin does have city electricity and indoor plumbing: a shower, toilet and sink. We provide 15 gallons of drinking water. Extra drinking water can be obtained from the nearby spring.
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside the cabin. Smoking is permitted ONLY on the beach.
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person on the premises or its facilities is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The Homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while Guests are on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the Guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order.
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses. Please do not leave appliances on when away from the home.
6. PETS are NOT allowed.
7. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. For stays longer than one week, weekly service is available. We provide all linens and bath towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the home. Laundry facilities are available in town.
8. Do not clean fish on the property as this attracts bears.
9. We reserve the right to charge your credit card for damages in excess of the $250 security deposit.
Check in time is 3:00pm unless otherwise arranged.
Check out time is 11:00am unless otherwise arranged.
Our housekeeping staff will need to prepare the home for the next guest.
Please check out on time.
Failure to do so could result in forfeiture of your security deposit.
This host has 106 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
Are you looking for lodging or accommodations in Haines, Alaska for your next visit? You've found the right place. Reservations by Randa has cabins, homes, vacation rentals, apartments, and condos all in one easy to book place.
I am a life-long Alaskan and have been booking travel since 1986, offering personalized, one-on-one service to clients from around the world.