"THE LOFT" is right in the middle of our safe, award winning and historic city! Relax on the balcony or browse downtown. Guest comment: "It just doesn't get any better than this." Come see for yourself!
"THE LOFT" sleeps up to 6. KING master bedrooms, QUEEN guest bed and a QUEEN sleeper in the living room. A small but fully equipped kitchen features custom cabinets, quartz countertops and stainless appliances.
Local art graces the walls and furnishings include an inviting mix of antiques and comfortable pieces. Original Hitchcock ceilings and heart pine floors with Oriental rugs add to the ambiance. Old lawyer bookcases are filled with games and puzzles and over 200 books including novels, biographies, cookbooks, business books and a lot more!
1. Guests enjoy private accommodations.
2. Keyless entry. Guests provide their four-digit entry code. This code is changed after each guest, providing an extra level of safety and security.
Interaction with guests
When possible we try to meet our guests upon arrival but afterwards our guests can expect privacy.
Other things to note
Aiken, 'a place for a splendid time to be had' was the town's reputation a century ago and still reigns true today! Historically, Aiken was a retreat for Charlestonians escaping malaria but also became a popular Winter Colony attracting people from the north especially during their harsh winter months.
Aiken became known as a sports haven as wealthy horse enthusiasts brought their animals for pleasure and training building grandiose cottages and stables that survive today. Aiken remains a great escape offering a rich heritage, beautiful tree lined streets, charm, hospitality and gracious living.
1. No parties or large groups. Must be over 25 years old to book this apartment.
2. Your accommodations include an initial stock of towels, bed linens, laundry detergent, soap, shampoo/conditioner (hair dryer), paper products, gourmet coffee, cream and sugar.
3. No pets unless prior approval by owner.
4.. No Smoking
5. Enjoy yourself but please take care of our apartment as you would your own home. Thank you!
From Apr 1 - 8, 2018 the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Year Purchased: 2006
Owners: Russell and Janice
We live in downtown Aiken and just love it. The convenience is incredible. We walk everywhere-- the bank, post office, Aiken's Farmers Market and to our locally owned restaurants and shops. Another wonderful place we love to explore is Hitchcock Woods-- just a block away! LIFE IS GOOD IN AIKEN!
Why the Owner Chose Aiken:
LAURENS STREET (Our Main Street) is VIBRANT, ALIVE, FRIENDLY AND CHARMING. When this unique property became available we excitedly became the proud owners. We love to share beautiful and historic downtown Aiken with everyone!