About this listing
This lovely refurbished 2 bedroom apartment is on the raised ground floor of a 1930s block in the very heart of Berlin, close to the famous Ku'damm and Metro entrance. The apartment has two bedrooms, plus sofabed in the separate living room.
The aparment, despite its very central urban location, is still surprisingly quiet and peaceful, with a pretty back yard, where bikes can be stored. It's equipped as a 'home from home' as my family also like to spend our holidays there.
This apartment is on the raised ground floor, which is very handy if you are arriving with suitcases, buggies, or for those with mobilitiy problems.
Interaction with guests
There is no interaction with guests, save during the booking process, when we try to be as friendly and helpful as we can. After that we leave the guests in peace to enjoy their stay, unless of course they need something!
Other things to note
GUESTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO AGREE OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS (see summary in House Rules).
Why no reviews yet? We have only just joined Airbnb. But we have always got great reviews when we have rented in the past and hope you will be the first to review us!
THE HOST'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
The terms and conditions which follow govern the rental of a holiday apartment known as '"Wickham", Apartment 4, Ground Floor, Ravensberger Strasse 1, 10709 Berlin-Wilmersdorf", Germany (referred to hereinafter as ‘the apartment') on non-secure holiday letting terms. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you (hereinafter ‘the Guest') will be entering into a legally binding contract with the Host (hereinafter 'the Owner'):
1. The Guest confirms that they have answered all enquiries by the Owner truthfully and agrees to provide proof of ID, their full name and address, and personal email and mobile phone numbers, when required.
2. The Guest shall not permit any persons, beyond the number agreed with the Owner to stay in the apartment.
3.The apartment is fully equipped and furnished and is let with all the items referred to in an inventory, which will be supplied to the Guest upon booking. The Guest agrees to notify the owner immediately upon arrival if any items listed in the inventory are missing or damaged, or of any other fault found.
4. The Guest receives ONE house key and ONE apartment key for the duration of the rental period, and shall pay a key-loss fee of €40 for any lost key, deductible from the deposit.
5. Because we make back-to-back bookings, check-out is no later than 11.00 AM and check-in no earlier than 3.00 PM (to give the cleaners time to make up the apartment). Out of courtesy to the lady in Berlin who will greet you at the apartment with the key, check in is until 10pm. Guests arriving after 10pm, must pay her a late arrival fee of €30.
6. Departures after 11.00 AM which have been agreed with the Owner shall be charged an extra day's rental at the advertised rate.
7. At the end of the rental period the Guest agrees to vacate the apartment and return the keys to the Owner or the Owner's representative/cleaner, and to pay the cleaner's fee of €50 in cash.
8. If the Guest (or any member of their party, or their visitor) stays without permission beyond the agreed departure time, the Guest shall be liable to pay €150 to the Owner immediately and thereafter to continue to pay the Owner compensation for their continuing unauthorized occupation of the apartment at the rate of €150 per day AND ALSO to reimburse the Owner in full for any compensation paid by the Owner to third parties (whether voluntarily or by court order) with whom the Owner had entered into a rental agreement which has become frustrated by the unauthorized presence of the Guest.
9. At the end of the rental period the Guest promises to leave the apartment in the same condition to that in which it was found. If the apartment is found to be in a dirty, disorderly, or otherwise unacceptable condition, the Guest shall pay an additional cleaning fee, normally €60 but in extreme cases a higher figure, at the Owner's sole discretion, to reflect the true costs of returning the apartment to a rentable condition.
10. The apartment including the furniture and the other contents are to be treated with care. The Guest is liable for any damage to the apartment, to the contents of the apartment, or to the shared parts of the building and garden (and for any other breaches of these terms and conditions) whether caused by themselves, a member of their party or their visitor.
11. Animals are not allowed.
12. The apartment is strictly a NO-SMOKING apartment.
13.The advertised security deposit shall be deemed to be held: (1) against any loss or damage caused by the Guest, by a member (or members) of his/her party, or by his/her visitor (or visitors); (2) against unpaid sums, including those for staying beyond the agreed time; and/or, (3) against any cleaning surcharge. Should damage, unpaid sums, or losses of any kind, exceed the amount held by way of security deposit, the Guest shall make good the difference to the Owner within 7 days of notification by the Owner, failing which the Owner is entitled to recover his losses by all lawful means.
14. The Guest will comply with Germany's Ruhezeit (Quiet Time) laws and customs and will not make, or allow any member of their party, or visitor, to make noise after 8 pm or before 7am, or all day on Sundays. During those times, the Guest will in particular, refrain from: -
i)Using the washing machine
ii)Playing musical instruments
iii)Playing music, TV, DVD, radio, or other device, so as to be audible beyond the walls of the apartment
15. The Guest (and their party) shall keep all belongings within the confines of the apartment and shall leave nothing in the shared parts of the building (e.g. shoes and pushchairs/buggies shall not be left outside the apartment door).
15. If the Guest (or a member of their party) washes clothes during their stay, they shall not leave clothes to dry upon the radiators in the apartment, but shall use the clothes drying rack/airer which is provided (there are also washing lines in the cellar and garden which Guests can use, with consideration for the permanent residents of the apartment block).
16.The Guest shall if requested give the Owner, or any person acting with the Owner's authority, reasonable access to the apartment during daylight hours for all lawful purposes including, but not limited to, inspecting and carrying out repairs, except in case of emergency (e.g. fire or flood) when the Owner, or those acting with the Owner's authority, shall be entitled to enter immediately.
17.If this contract is frustrated by events outside the Owner's control including, but not limited to, fire, flood or an unauthorized occupant, the Owner's liability shall be limited to providing a full refund to the Guest of all sums paid to the Owner, and the Guest is advised to take out their own holiday insurance for their own protection in such circumstances.
18.We have recently installed wireless broadband internet (“Wi-Fi") for our Guests, at no extra charge. Although we undertake to continue to pay for this service, because the service is supplied by a third party company, we cannot offer any refund or discount for interruptions or failure of the internet service.
20. If there are any terms appearing elsewhere on this hosting website, which appear to conflict with these 'Owner's terms and conditions', then these terms and conditions shall take precedence.
19.If any of the legal requirements set out in this contract are inoperative or impractical, or become so after completion of the contract, the effectiveness of the remainder of the contract will not be affected.
20.This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and communications with the Owner shall be in English, unless otherwise expressly agreed.
21.Obligations under this agreement only become binding once the Guest has written to confirm their agreement to these terms AND payment has been made.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.