Beautiful detached Edwardian family home and large garden with parking. Is set right in the heart of historic Lewes, in the South Downs National Park.
10 mins walk to Historic High street
15 mins train to Brighton
1 Hour Train to London
A detached edwardian large family house off a quiet cul-de-sac well located in the historic County town of Lewes located within the South Downs National Park. Close to Brighton (15 mins by train) and London (1 hour by train).
Our detached Edwardian former stud farmhouse is uniquely styled and furnished, with modern touches and respect for its edwardian roots.
- 4 bedrooms. (master with en-suite)
- 3 with double beds
- 1 with 2 single beds.
- open plan bespoke designed kitchen/dining/sitting area
- large kitchen table (sits 8 comfortably)
- wood burning stove
- Fridge /freezer
- Gas Hob
- Electric oven
- Window seat, Sofas
- Two bathrooms (one family and one ensuite to master bedroom)
- Downstairs toilet.
Other rooms and extras
- Second reception room with T.V. and wood burner.
- Utility room with washing machine.
- Wireless Sonos Music system ( You will need to download a free app to use this)
Large Garden with:
- swings, slide/climbing frame and tree house (all used at own risk!)
- Patio with large table and chairs
- Parking for two cars on our driveway. (A real bonus in Lewes)
This is our family home so there are lots of toys, games, books, OS maps of the surrounding area and DVDs which you are free to use. We can make four bikes (two adults, two children's) available on request.
You'll have access to the entire house and garden, except for the study which we use for storage.
Interaction with guests
This is our family home, so we only let it when we are away. However we will provide emergency contact details. Our parents live in the same street and will be able to assist if required.
Other things to note
We have chickens but we/my parents or a neighbour will look after them during your stay. This will mean that the garden will be accessed by someone at different times of the day to look after the chickens as needed.
We have spent many years and precious time making our house a home so please treat our family house with the same respect that you would treat your own.
Strictly No Smoking.
As a family we try to take our shoes off by the front door and especially do not wear them upstairs.
Any damages will need to be paid for in full.
Please be respectful of our neighbours - no loud parties!
No Stag or Hen party groups
We have chickens in the garden so someone will pop in the garden everyday to check on them.