Legal (2 family home). Stay with with lifelong Brooklynites and awesome cat in our beautiful Brownstone near subways, restaurants and shops. 15 minutes to Manhattan; walking distance from Barclay Center & Brooklyn Heights Promenade with iconic view of NYC skyline. Serene room with yoga mat and blocks. Everyone is welcome!
*PLEASE EMAIL BEFORE BOOKING*
Large, beautiful, serene master bedroom complete with:
- Queen sized bed (comfy, new mattress!)
- One Twin (single) daybed for lounging (could sleep a second or third person)
- End table
- Reading chair
- Yoga mat and props
- There is no closet, but I have wall hooks with clothes hangers to hang up clothes and a small dresser.
- Guests have access to a shared hall bathroom, kitchen and dining table, all shared with 1 person (me!)
- Please note that Blackberry (the cat) likes to jump on counters and tables--it's not easy to control that, but he is adorable and guests LOVE him.
- In warm weather, enjoy your breakfast on the back deck facing the garden!
Interaction with guests
I generally work from home and am happy to give advice on places to go and things to do, but will give you plenty of space so you can feel at home during your stay, but am happy to chat and hang out if we're all around!
Also, my neighbor offers in-room Thai massages at 25% off to my guests. Just ask.
Other things to note
**If you're new to Airbnb, we recommend that you make an "inquiry" before making a reservation, and let us know a little about the purpose of your visit, etc. ALSO PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE A BIO AND PHOTO OF YOURSELF. I usually only host guests who have a review or at least references. You can invite friends to give references here: https://www.airbnb.com/users/references?id=31102831
- We have one adorable, wacky black cat named "Blackberry" who isn't allowed in the guest room or bathroom. People with allergies have stayed here with no problem, but that's your call.
- This listing is 100% legal in NY (private, 2 family home).
- Checkin times are flexible, but please arrive by 8pm.
- No smoking indoors, out back or out front please!
- No additional guests are allowed.
- Please keep noise to a minimum after 11pm.
- Keep bedroom and bathroom doors closed for privacy (and to keep cat out).
- When you go out, please make sure to lock the door properly (keys will be provided), and turn off the AC/heater/fans and lights.
- Please clean up after yourself in bathroom (please remove your hair from shower drain, etc.) and wash dishes, etc. after using the kitchen/dining area.
- Let me know if you have any questions or concerns; happy to help!
Born and raised in this brownstone! Background producing children's educational media and shooting documentary, portrait and event photography. Have recently been traveling to South America and India. Who knows what's next! Father lives in garden apartment. We can tell you stories of the "old days" here in the 70's and 80's.
I also teach photography with the Art of Intuitive Photography group, which does great city photography walkabouts, if you're interested.