Beautiful custom-built 3300 sq. foot home with stunning views from Monterey to Santa Cruz! Located on 3 acres in a peaceful rural neighborhood, we are a .7 mile leisurely walk to Manresa Beach. Enjoy the nearby Monterey Bay sights, relax on the porch, soak in the hot tub, make s'mores, or enjoy meals al fresco. Close proximity to Capitola Village, Aptos, Santa Cruz & the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Short drive (approx. 32-35 miles) to Carmel, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Pebble Beach & 17 Mile Drive.
Per the County of Santa Cruz Planning Department, in order to obtain our Vacation Rental permit we are required to obtain a signed rental agreement from you where the following information is stated and agreed upon:
1. OCCUPANCY LIMITS-The Tenant certifies the limitations of this dwelling have been carefully read as set forth in this Rental Agreement INCLUDING LIMITATIONS ON NUMBER OF PERSONS TO OCCUPY THE PREMISES and agrees to abide by such limitations. No more than 8 guests may occupy this rental property at any given time2. THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF AUTOMOBILES that are allowed on the property is 6. There is absolutely NO PARKING allowed in our neighbor´s parking space below the flag pole, or on the shared driveway. Parking is limited to our circular driveway, which can easily accommodate more than 6 vehicles.
3. NOISE/NUISANCE-Quiet hours are between 10:00pm and 8:00am. Tenant shall not disturb neighbors with loud noise or music, or unlawful or unsafe behaviors. Should tenant allow or participate in such behavior, Tenant will be evicted and forfeit the remainder of the rental fee and the security deposit. There is zero tolerance for parties on the rental property. If these rules are broken you will be required to vacate the premises immediately.
4. ANY ILLEGAL BEHAVIOR IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED-The Tenant will be responsible for any fees resulting from calls to the Santa Cruz Sheriff´s Department due to nuisance or illegal activity on the rental property.
5. Trash must be kept in closed containers. Covered bins for garbage and recycling will be provided and located next to the garage doors.
6. LIABILITY AND DAMAGE-This home is privately owned. The owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that may occur while on the premises. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables by the guest.
7. This home is not ¨baby-proofed¨and has stairs. The safety of any children in the rental property will be the sole responsibility of their parent/guardian.
8. HOT TUB USE-the use of the hot tub is done so at renter´s own risk. Use by children must be supervised by adults. You agree that the homeowner will not be responsible for any injuries or death incurred while using the hot tub.
9. We are in the midst of a water shortage in California so we ask that you remain mindful of water conservation efforts.
10. The primary guest must be 35 years of age or older and be present during entire rental period.
PLEASE NOTE that the 11% Transient Occupancy Tax is added to your total rental fee.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
Brent and I bought our beach house in 2008 as a getaway for our family. We enjoy spending relaxing weekends, as well as holidays here. I enjoy long walks on the beach, gardening and especially cooking with ingredients bought at our local wonderful Farmer's Market! Brent enjoys road biking in the hills east of our home, as well as taking our son out on our little sailboat or kayak down to Moss Landing. When our teenage son is not playing his guitar, he loves to surf the many great spots along the coast. Brent and I also enjoy wine-tasting in the small, family-owned wineries in the Soquel hills just east of our home. When we are not at the beach, our travels have taken us to Italy, France, the South Pacific, Mexico, Hawaii, and across the United States. We have enjoyed many memorable family gatherings here, and we hope that you enjoy our home as much as we do!