Discover Porto Cheli, for many the greek riviera, staying in a warm and comfortable 250 m2 villa. The house has a 3500 m2 terrain, with olive, lemon and orange trees. It is quiet, ideal for families and has a breathtaking view on the Peloponnese.
On the ground floor: a large living room and an open plan fully equipped kitchen (70 sqm), a bathroom and a WC; On the first floor: one en suite bedroom with a private balcony. On the second floor: two large bedrooms with double beds and living space, one bathroom. The rooms share a large terrace in the front with a splendid view to the village, the sea and the islands.
The terrain has olive, pine and other fruit trees, a 12 m long swimming pool, a BBQ and a 3 cars garage. The house has WiFi and satellite TV connection. Maintenance of the pool and the garden as well as cleaning of the house twice per week. Clean sheets and towels provided twice per week.
Guests will have access to all inside and outside spaces of the villa, as well as the pool area.
Interaction with guests
We will always be at your disposal for questions related to the house or the region. We will be glad to help you plan your stay and walkarounds.
Other things to note
Porto Cheli is a perfect destination to combine with nearby archaeological sites and marvelous beach resorts.
Beaches and archaeological sites to visit:
In the vicinity of Porto Heli (10-20’ driving) you may find tens of crystal clear beaches all around the peninsula, with restaurants, bars or desert. Detailed instructions with a map, will be provided when on the site.
For photos and details you may visit the web site: (website hidden)
You may also wish to visit the nearby, famous for their beauty, islands of Poros, Hydra and Spetses (30 minutes to 1 hour by boat).
In the region you find the famous archaeological sites of the Mycenaean civilization: Mycenae and Tirynth, as well as the splendid Epidaurus theater where a Festival still takes place every summer!!! (apart from classical Greek plays you also find worldwide productions starring actors such as Kevin Spacey and Isabella Rossellini).
Nafplion, the first capital of Greece in the early 19th century is a much see town approx. 1,5 hours drive from P. Cheli.
1. Door locks and keys. Two sets of keys and remote controls for the garage door will be provided upon arrival of the guest. A pamphlet with detailed guidelines concerning the functioning of the house will also be provided.
2. Right of Entry of the owner. The owners may visit the property at any time. Guests will be informed beforehand.
3. General Conduct. Tenants should conduct themselves in a manner that doesn’t disturb neighbors.
4. Cleanness and maintenance Guidelines. The outside yard and garden are kept clean and tidy by the gardener who enters the property once per day. The same goes with the person in charge of the proper functioning of the pool. The maid will clean the house every second day. This includes change of shirts and towels, and cleaning the floor and bathrooms and garbage disposal. It does not include washing of dishes and other kitchenware as well as personal cloths. Washing machines are provided for this purpose.
5. Pets and Related Policies. Pets are welcome provided that guests will properly notify the owner. Guests will ensure that the yard is kept free of pet waste. Any damages to the house and/or the garden will have to be properly repaired or refunded.
6. Conservation: Residents are expected to use energy and water wisely. Conservation is essential to the efficient operation of the property. Every resident shall participate in the efforts of the City to promote conservation.
7. Parking. There is plenty of room for parking in a protected garage for 2-3 cars and more in the front yard of the house.
8. Garbage Removal. Guests are expected to collect their waste and recyclables in a way compatible with the Community’s rules. Details will be provided along with the “functioning of the house” pamphlet.
9. Proper Use of Outside Space and Common Areas. The BBQ must be used only by adults. Entrance in the pool allowed only to swimmers. Non swimmers or young kids should wear life jackets and be properly surveyed.
10. Proper Use of Plumbing Fixtures. Guests should take care with what they pour down the drains, put into the garbage disposal, or attempt to flush down the toilet. Toilet paper and other hygienic materials must be disposed in the basket and not flushed down the toilet. Oily liquids should be disposed into the toilets and not the drainage. Plumbing fixtures should be used for their intended purposes only, and repairs necessitated by anything outside of standard use will be charged to the tenants.
11. Maintenance Tenants need to report maintenance issues immediately, and in writing. Tenants can expect emergency repairs to be addressed asap, maximum within 24 hours.
12. Expected Conditions Upon Moving Out. Move out will take place following joint inspection of the premises by the owner and the guest. As stated above only jointly agreeable damages will be charged. The balance to the deposit will be immediately refunded.
I am a Greek journalist, having spent most of my life abroad. I work for the radio and TV in Athens and enjoy travelling around the world in my spare time. I hope you will have the opportunity to stay at my place in Porto Cheli, as it is one of the best places on earth!