** NOTE: I will be camping without cel service until Monday, October 23rd. ***Please do not message me with inquiries until then***, as I won't be able to respond until then. You're welcome to use "Instant Booking" to book the place. and you'll be confirmed.
2 blocks to beach, huge private deck with hot tub, fireplace, BBQ, surf boards, 1,300 sf., few blocks walk to shopping & nightlife. Just a 45 minute drive to Disneyland, Legoland, Sea World, and an hour to Los Angeles or San Diego.
Only 2 blocks to the beach, the seaside building features unique architecture and makes a striking first impression from the street. The residence is spacious and airy with huge windows upstairs and down. 2 comfortable bedrooms with private baths (1 with a king size bed, 1 with a queen size bed) plus 2 couches, or optionally 2 twin mattress downstairs for additional guests with guest bath on that level. Features premium, yet comfortable furniture and a large patio, a wood burning fireplace and rustic Spanish tile. A newly remodeled kitchen features a full compliment of tableware, cookware and appliances - everything you'd need to cook a holiday dinner for the whole family.
Note: I'm often able to be flexible on early check-ins and late checkouts - as long as I don't have back to back stays booked - feel free to inquire about that. The townhome is only used for vacation rentals, and not as a permanent residence. There are no family or personal belongings on the property - so everything there is yours to enjoy - full use of the house and all accoutrements. The unit is used only for vacation rentals, and not as someone's home. 1 parking space in the driveway, and plenty of on street parking nearby.
Interaction with guests
I live in a nearby unit on site, and will be available most hours to assist you with any needs. I truly enjoy meeting new people and would love to show around our quaint beach town, and suggest the best places you'd enjoy - so you can make the most of your time here.
- I love meeting new guests! I'm usually able to make great suggestions for restaurants that fit your budget and interests. I even enjoy jumping in the car and showing guest the town (a 5 minute ride pretty much covers everything).
Other things to note
** I'm new to hosting on Airbnb and will go out of my way to make sure you enjoy your stay here, and feel comfortable about giving the space positive reviews. I'm first and formost about honesty in my photos and descriptions, so you know exactly what to expect. **
- Cleanliness matters: My cleaners focus first and most on very clean bathrooms and bedding. Mattresses feature first-class bedding, waterproof mattress covers, plenty of pillows, and lots of extra clean bedding. Bathrooms feature premium hotel quality towels.
- The living room and master bedroom feature flatscreen TVs with cable television with 100+ channels.
- The king and queen beds in the 2 bedrooms will sleep 4 comfortable. The 2 couches in the living room can accommodate another 2 guests. Note: The couches do not pull out into beds, and the length and size are not best suited for someone 5'10" or taller. A double sized mattress can also be placed on the floor in the master bedroom.
- The unit is not air conditioned, very few residences near the beach in San Clemente are, as there is a dependable ocean breeze. San Clemente claims to have "The Best Climate in the World". Fans are provided in the bedrooms.
- If you know you'll be leaving early or arriving late, I really appreciate knowing that, as it gives me extra time in preparing the units. Also, even though I live on site, I have other responsibilities, so giving me a "heads up" 30-60 minutes before you arrive will help me make sure I'm their to meet you.
- In the rare event I'm not able to meet you and show you in the unit, I can leave keys outside so you can let yourself in.
- In the event the unit is unoccupied the day before or after, I'm usually flexible for late check-outs and early check-ins - but I usually can't confirm that until a day or two before, as the unit may rent at the last minute, and I do have cleaners scheduled in advance.
- Please be very careful to not flush any items other than the septic safe toilet tissue provide. Flushing ANY other items (feminine products, q-tips, paper towels, baby wipes, etc.) could interrupt your vacations and affect others in the building.
- Please rinse feet and other items very thoroughly with hose outside the front door when returning from beach. Even a small amount of sand in the shower drains can cause serious blockage. And with 6 people coming back and forth from the beach, it can very quickly build up. Also remove sand from any beach items before bringing them into the unit.
- Please do not sit on the couches, chairs, kitchen chairs, etc. if wet or sandy. There are plenty of extra sheets and blankets - please put those down if dirty or stinky in any way.
- Please do not sleep directly on the couch cushions, please always use sheets, large pillows and bedding if sleeping the couches.
- The bath towels are for the bath and the beach towels are for the beach. Do not take bath towels to the beach. If you launder the white bath towels, do not wash them with any other items, and please use bleach and wash them with hot water.
- Smoking is permitted on the patio, but not inside the unit. No candles or open flames are permitted inside or out, except for the BBQ on the patio, and DuraFlame type logs in the woodburning fireplace in the living room.
- If there is any noise from disturbance from any tenants in the building or nearby neighbors, please let me know immediately and I'll make sure to take of it without mentioning you in any way. There is no need to put with any noise or disturbance for any amount of time during your vacation.
- And of course, I expect you return the same courtesy to the other guests and neighbors. Let's avoid any uncomfortable situations with disturbances coming from your unit.
- You are welcome to have a few (3-4?) family or friends visit during the day, but no "parties" of any kind are permitting. Reasonable noise is fine until 10pm, but please be very quiet on the patio after that time. Normal volume is fine all day and all night for the television and stereos.
- On checkout, please put dirty dishes in dishwasher, or leave soaking in kitchen sink if they need it. No need to remove bed linens, but please put all towels or other unwashed items in the clothes hampers or on the floor in the closets.
- Please leave trash and recyclables neatly bagged in the kitchen, or take to outside trash cans.
- Leave keys visible on the kitchen table and lock door behind you.
- My cleaners do normal cleanup, vacuuming, etc. - but if things get really sandy or messy, I appreciate it if you use the vacuum, brooms, and cleaning supplies provided to take care of any serious messes.
- At the end of the day, please remember this is my home. I'm not the Sheraton or the Holiday Inn - and any damage or losses really do affect me. At the same time, I want to make you welcome here, and provide all the privacy, assistance and courtesy you need to have a peaceful, safe and relaxing vacation by the beach. Enjoy!
I very much "work to live" instead of "live to work". After years in corporate jobs, I enjoy a more relaxed lifestyle now. I work from home a freelance web developer, I also perform often as a DJ and musician, and promote nightclub events as well.
There are so many great things to do within an hour of here - so I try to get out often and explore. I'm 1 hour away from both Los Angeles and San Diego (right in the middle) and a few blocks from the train station. Within an hour or two you can find desert, snow, mountains, Mexico, Disneyland, Hollywood, museums, world class nightlife, pro sports, etc. - there are not too many other places with this much diversity so close by.
I've been a landlord for years with local tenants, but I've recently remodeled and furnished my town homes for vacation rental.
I love traveling myself, and have visited 12 countries and most of the 50 states and stayed in vacation rentals myself. I'm very open minded and have an enormous interest and respect for other cultures.
I "know everyone in town" - but that's not hard, as this is small and tight-knit beach community and "everyone knows everyone". Even though San Clemente will show as several miles across and having over 60,000 people - the "real" center of the town revolves within 3-4 blocks of the beach and pier - so that's only a few thousand people. It's actually a small town and I'm right in the middle of it.
I love living near the beach. I actually spend more time running or walking on the beach trail than I do in the water. My surfing skills are not that great.
I go out often to the local restaurants and bars, and I know most of the owners and staff on a first name basis. It's really not that hard in this town - it's a very tight beach community and "every one knows everyone". I'd be glad to point you to the best places that suit your budget and personality. If you only have 1 week here - you don't want to spend it in bad restaurants looking for good ones.
I have pretty much everything I need within about 8 blocks from my house - my restaurants, bars, gym, office, grocery store, etc. Quite often my car will sit for days without being driven.
I'm quite social and I love meeting new people, and I'd love to show you around the town when you visit. I'd be glad to answer any questions you have in detail, and provide more personal references - anyone from local bar owners, to city officials, to other web developers and more, Hope to meet you!