Music Meadows Ranch offers our historic ranch home nestled in the valley at the base of the majestic Sangre de Cristo mountains. Grape Creek flows through the yard; giant Cottonwood's canopy the fire pit; Horseback riding is available year-round!
Music Meadows Home on the Range is unique for a couple of reasons. It is a historic ranch house in our family since 1968 and sits on 3,800 acres of open range land which has been conserved through conservation easement. The backdrop of the Sangre de Cristo mountains is beauty that never ends.
If you so desire you may arrange for first rate horseback riding including care of our own Sangres Best Grass Finished cattle. The creek flowing through the yard... meadows as far as you can see to the North and the beautiful old barns and pole corrals complete this peaceful yet invigorating space.
1. Horseback riding on the ranch year-round.
2. Trout fishing lakes on the ranch. Modest poles and tackle provided.
3. Hiking nearby along the creek or Forest Service Trails near by.
4. A library of diverse books in the house.
5. A well stocked pantry of basics and kitchen equipment for use.
6. Lots of board game choices.
7. Horse shoe pitching.
8. Winter snow shoeing or cross country skiing (bring your own equipment)
9. Outdoor fire pit.
Interaction with guests
Only as much as they wish to interact with us as we go about the business of running the ranch.
Be aware that individuals may come and go as a result of ranch business being conducted. We have "day rides" for guests who come only to ride for part of the day.
Other things to note
1. The summer rate for a 3 night stay or longer is $180/night for up to six guests. Each additional guest is $30/night. 4 beds included; addtl $30 one-time fee for beds #5, 6, or 7.
2. The special winter rate for October - April is $180/night; for a 3 night stay or longer it is $160/night.
3. This is a rare opportunity for others to share a little of a taste of what it feels to be living on a pristine Colorado mountain ranch. We desire guests who have a high appreciation for the environment, for our property and for animal life both domestic and wild. One of the best features we have is a great environment for guests to connect with their soul and with those who matter most to them.
4. County Lodging tax is added to rates above and total booking amount collected by AirBNB ($215/night summer, $195/night winter)
We do not provide housekeeping during your stay unless requested and for an additional fee.
Do not use illegal drugs or engage in underage drinking of alcohol while staying with us.
We appreciate guests who are respectful of the house, the land and our team. If you are a smoker you may smoke outside and dispose of remains safely. You may BYOB if you enjoy alcohol.
I am a 50+ woman who grew up on a cattle ranch and have been ranching ever since. I am an entrepreneur building a small guest operation in conjunction with the ranch and a grass finished beef business.
I love simple, healthful and delicious food... and making it! I love movies like Open Range, Quiggley Down Under and Second Hand Lion.
I love going to the Hot Springs.
And I love my four kids, my husband and my God.
We are so happy to share the beauty and simplicity of the ranch with those who appreciate such things. The horses and riding are a bonus!
"Life is too short to spend it on a bad horse"