Before booking, please message us first so we can learn more about you and your traveling buddy. Please also complete your Airbnb profile and verifications before attempting to book with us. Many Thanks!
My home is a late 19th century shotgun style home. Guests have use of front porch (and porch swing), large bright room with hardwood floors, high ceilings, ceiling fan and original mantelpiece, private bathroom with claw foot tub. It’s a small apartment at the front of my house, decorated with imagery of New Orleans culture such as, Mardi Gras Indians and Second lines. Mini fridge, microwave, and coffee maker provided. You won’t need a stove (you’re in New Orleans after all :-) and there are numerous cafes, restaurants and a corner grocery store all within 5 minute walking distance.
Your stay includes free Wireless Internet, TV with basic stations.
No smoking in the house. However, the front porch is an excellent place to smoke or enjoy a drink on the evening, or coffee in the morning.
Other things to note
This area is relatively safe part of the city. A company, Metro, provides 24 hour security patrol in the neighborhood. I have lived happily and safely in the back half of the house for over 20 years. There is a small school playground in the block, so on weekday mornings kids may be heard outside after 8AM if its nice weather.
License or registration number17STR-06434
Learn about this number
Just a few basic rules…
1.Check In/ Check Out: Check In is after 3:00 pm and Check Out is at noon. Please leave The Studio clean with dishes washed and large trash taken out.
2. 2 night minimum stay.
3. No smoking in the house. However, the front porch is an excellent place to smoke, or enjoy a drink on the evening, or coffee in the morning.
Also, Please no open flames (candles, incense, etc.) inside the apartment .
4. I would like to think it goes without saying that - NO DRUGS are allowed - inside or outside. Any violators will be asked to leave immediately without refund.
5. Guests: The apartment is suited for 2 confirmed guests. People other than those in the Guest's party, which will be set forth in communications prior to booking, may NOT stay in the property. No exceptions! We only book to guests with a verified Airbnb profile with picture. The guest making the reservation MUST check-in and stay in the apartment the entire duration of the reservation.
6. Liability: The Homeowners are NOT responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises. The Homeowners are NOT responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
7. NO PETS allowed. We have a small dog on our side, but he will not have access to the apartment.
8. Parking: Parking is on the street. It's a busy neighborhood located close to stores and restaurants and there is a school close by. That is, parking immediately outside can be difficult, but usually there is free street parking within 1 or 2 blocks. Illegally parked cars are subject to ticketing and towing. Please be mindful to not block driveways. You must park 20 feet from the stop sign. Please take ALL valuables out of your vehicle. Homeowners are not responsible for theft of any items.
9. Noise: This is a residential area so please be mindful of our neighbors. No loud noise or music between the hours of 10:00 pm- 8:00 am. Please leave the party in the French Quarter!
10. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests have read, understood, and agreed to the House Rules. Violators of any rules may be asked to leave without a refund for time remaining or may be charged their deposit.
This is a separate private accommodation; once I give you the key you do not need to see me, but of course feel free to text, or call, or knock on my door with any questions. (I’ll be in the back of the house.)
Originally from the UK, I made New Orleans home over 20 years ago. I teach for a living which allows me to travel to other countries to experience the different art, architecture, food and culture in general. However, I'm always happy to come home to New Orleans which has its own unique rhythm and rich culture.