Freshly renovated bright, airy, corner, balcony apt in Tokyo's vibrant Akasaka/Roppongi area. Train+Walkability is fantastic just 2mins to Akasaka station and 5mins walk to the Ritz Carlton hotel in Roppongi. A perfect base to explore Tokyo!
The apartment is a south-facing, corner, apartment + balcony with tons of natural light and an airy breeze provided by large windows along two sides. Completely renovated as of July 2015, the space is designed to provide guests with a comfortable urban oasis with all the comforts to relax after a day exploring or working in this captivating city. The apartment provides a spacious bedroom area (certainly by Tokyo apt and hotel standards!) with queen-sized bed and reading chair in one room, with a second room including pull-out sofa bed, breakfast+dining nook with a lovely window to look out at Tokyo Midtown as you start the day and a clean and fresh kitchenette with all the basic needs (refrigerator, stove top, sink, espresso machine, kitchenware, etc.).
What truly separates this apartment from others in the area is the rare outdoor balcony space, big enough for enjoying morning coffee, an evening drink, or just gazing at the mass of Tokyo surrounding you. This and the fantastic natural light are the reasons I choose to live here!
LAUNDROMAT is located 10 seconds outside the apartment. Very easy to access.
All areas inside my apartment are yours to enjoy!
Interaction with guests
If requested, I will check guests in personally whenever possible. If I am gone during your stay I will be accessible 24/7 by phone or chat application should you have any questions or requests.
- The front desk staff are part of the building management and are not an Airbnb check-in or concierge service whatsoever. They will not bother you in any way, but I ask that guests please do not communicate with them as I am your host and am far more capable of helping resolve any problems.
- You are staying in my Tokyo home. I am personally the owner and care taker of this lovely Tokyo home. This listing is not run by one of the anonymous companies running hundreds of units for an Airbnb business. I'm the real person behind it and I'm happy to meet you if you like and will likely chat with you immediately after your booking :) Therefore, please treat my place with the same respect you would like me to treat your place while you are away.
Other IMPORTANT RULES include:
* Please take off your shoes at the front door entrance (it keeps the apartment nice and clean and is a great way to start adapting to Japanese culture too! Indoor slippers will be provided)
* NO SMOKING allowed inside the apartment whatsoever. I am a non-smoker, so if there is evidence of smoking in the apartment (i.e., burns/smells/ashes etc.), this will result in a FULL LOSS OF SECURITY DEPOSIT. If you must smoke, please do so on the lovely balcony and clean up cigarettes as if there were none smoked during your stay (no butts on the ground, thrown into the street or left in cans w/ water please.
* This is an eco-friendly home. Please be considerate to turn off the A/C and heater and close all windows when leaving the apartment for the day. In the event of water left running or windows left open which allow water to enter the apartment causing water damage, you will lose the damage amount from the security deposit and be held responsible for the full amount of the water damage caused to the unit up to the amount allowed via Airbnb insurance policy. Please be careful with all things to do with water and fire!
* No unregistered guests are allowed inside the apartment aside from those which are paying guests under direct supervision of the Airbnb account holder. Please inform me of who the guests will be staying in my home before your check-in as well. Any unregistered guests without requested or notified in advance will also result in a full loss of security deposit. This is important for my building management from an insurance and security perspective so I appreciate your understanding.
* Please respect the neighbors. Your temporary Japanese neighbors will be very quiet during your stay, so I ask for you to be respectful of them as well. No loud music, parties, and generally please be quiet after 10pm and before 8am. Common courtesy is all I expect!
* Enjoy Tokyo to the fullest and I recommend eating at the endless selection of amazing restaurants, but you are absolutely welcome to cook in the kitchen, just be extremely careful of fire and please wash dishes, pots, pans when finished.
Those are the house rules, please do your best to follow and let me know if you have any questions!
This host has 98 reviews for other properties.View other reviews