About this listing
Why pay for a room in a hotel when you can have a whole apartment with full kitchen and free parking for less?
Beautiful, two bedroom "Home Away From Home" located in historic Oak Park and steps from the CTA Blue Line train. This is a fully furnished apartment on the 2nd floor of an owner occupied 2-flat on a safe and quiet tree-lined residential street with the following amenities:
• Short 4 minute walk to CTA train, then 20 minutes to the heart of downtown Chicago loop.
• Private front and rear entrances
• Free parking on street in front of house. (Guest provides vehicle information and we will secure pass from village)
• Full kitchen with refrigerator, gas range, coffee maker, toaster, cooking utensils/dinnerware/glassware
• Full bathroom with clawfoot tub/shower
• Large dining room with seating for six & cabinet w/ games & guides to area attactions
• Sleeps 5-6:(URL HIDDEN)Main bedroom has queen-size bed & dresse(URL HIDDEN)Second bedroom has twin bed w/ trundle & dresse(URL HIDDEN)Living room has comfortable full-size sofa bed (tight for 2 adults)
• HDTV with Internet access, DVD player & movies available for your use
• Small room off Living Room with desk and chairs
• Free WIFI internet access (code avail. in the apartment information binder)
• Air conditioned (window units)
• Private deck overlooks landscaped yard
• No Pets please (to keep as allergen-free as possible for our guests)
• Non-smoking only (same as above)
Amenities within walking distance:
• Restaurants (sushi, Brazilian cafe, classic italian)
• Beautiful parks with playgrounds, swimming pool, tennis, sand volleyball, and baseball
• Fitzgerald's, Wire, & Friendly Tap live music venues
• Brewery tasting pub
• Harrison Street Arts District w/ artist galleries/shops
• Oak Park Conservatory
• Laundromat (4 minute walk)
Nearby Oak Park attractions:
• Downtown Oak Park with nice shops and restaurants
• Classic Lake Theater (runs latest box office movies)
• Frank Lloyd Wright Home & Studio
• Historic neighborhoods including several Frank Lloyd Wright homes and many other beautiful homes
• Ernest Hemingway Birthplace and Museum
• 35 minute cab ride to both O’Hare and Midway airports
Chicago Attractions all easily accessible from Blue Line train:
• Skydeck at Willis Tower (previously Sears Tower)
• Landmark theater district
• State Street shopping
• Access to Michigan Ave. shopping
• Millennium Park (including the Bean sculpture)
• The Art Institute
• Historic Auditorium Theater
• Chicago Symphony Orchestra
• Chicago River (boat tours available)
• Grant Park & Buckingham Fountain
• Chicago's beautiful lakefront
• Navy Pier and The Museum Campus, containing the world-famous Field Museum of Natural History, Shedd Aquarium and Adler Planetarium are highly accessible from downtown Chicago.
This is a perfect place for a family visiting the area or a businessperson who wants a quiet place to relax with easy access to downtown.
Guests can use the front and rear stairs to access the apartment, the 2nd floor rear deck is for your use. You can also feel free to hang out in the back yard if you wish or sit and relax on the front porch.
Interaction with guests
We interact with guests as little or as much as they like. We love to hear stories from our guests, but if you want total privacy, you can have that as well!
Other things to note
Please do NOT use (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) maps or Mapquest to find the apartment. They will show our address north of 290 which is not correct. We are 1 1/2 blocks south of 290 and 2 blocks east of Oak Park Ave. If you use (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or Bing maps, they will find the address correctly.
If you have any physical limitations, you may want to consider the following:
1. The apartment is on the 2nd floor and there is a fairly long flight of steps in both the front and back to access the apartment.
2. The bathroom has a claw-foot tub which has top rim that is much higher than most tubs. You have to step over the rim to get in and out of the tub and there are no grab bars. We are not responsible for injuries from using the tub.
We don't have many rules for the apartment, we just ask that you consider that since we are a family that lives directly below the apartment, you keep noise levels in mind. The top lock of the 1st floor main entry door should be locked once guests are in for the night. Also, there are no pets or smoking allowed in the apartment to keep in mind possible allergies of our guests. We do have a dog & cat downstairs, but guest will not have contact with them.
No reviews (yet)
This home doesn’t have any reviews. If you stay here, your review will appear here.
Welcome to our site! I am Keith and my wife is Valerie. We have lived in the Chicago area for over 28 years and in Oak Park for the last 14 years. I am an architect working in Chicago and Valerie homeschools our kids and loves to cook and entertain friends. As a family, we love to ride bikes, listen to live music, and enjoy the parks and restaurants in our community.
We would love to have you stay in our newly furnished comfortable apartment. You'll love our quiet residential street and we are close to some nice amenities including a wonderful sushi restaurant which is just a couple of blocks away (the family favorite!). We welcome you to enjoy some peace and quiet and hope we can make your stay as enjoyable as possible.