Colorful friendly flat on top floor at The Main square (Stora torget). Our home is surrounded by restaurants, shopping, theater, university faculties, botanical gardens + all the city has to offer. Bike included :) Close to central station
It does not get more central than this. Stora torget - Main Square - is just outside the door. You are right on the walking street and at the other side of the next building is the river with its picturesque atmosphere (see photos).
Your room is facing the back of the building with some lecture halls for the Peace and conflict department of Uppsala university, plus a roof terrace at the second floor.
The flat is a colorful and friendly place and if the weather is nice you can barbecue or just sit and read at the roof terrace. There are only four apartments in the building so the huge terrace is always available.
We provide a healthy self service breakfast which is complimentary/free and includes:
* Organic müesli
* Organic / ecological milk
* Organic / ecological marmalade/jam and Swedish butter
* Healthy bread
* Tea and coffee
* Organic/ eco juice
There are always complimentary sandwiches, tea and coffee whenever you like on the house.
We offer the true Airbnb experience as you will share our home with us as we live here ourselves. We can give tips and advice, share some meals or if you prefer to keep to yourself that is fine too :) If you want your own apartment there are many other Airbnbs in Uppsala. We are on the main square and promise to take good care of you.
* You are welcome to borrow one of our bikes during your stay (free off course)
There is bread and marmalade/jam for sandwiches, yogurt and muesli as well as free coffee and tea for you all day and night.
If you would like to keep some things in the fridge, like soft drinks or extra stuff for breakfast that is fine.
- We'll be glad to invite you to share a (probably vegetarian) meal or two with us if we are at home :)
* You are also welcome to barbecue on the roof terrace
* There is a laundry room with an ironing board in the basement free of charge.
(please tell us in advance and we'll book it for you)
Interaction with guests
We are more than happy to show you around town or go on a bike tour along the river
(just check with us first to make sure we'll be home).
If you want tips about what to do just tell us :) We know the city and its surroundings quite well.
* If you rather be left alone, just inform us and that is fine too and we will just welcome you and be there if you have any questions :)
Other things to note
* We provide bed linnen, towels, shampoo, shower creme and there is a hair dryer to borrow if you need one :)
* The bed is 90 cm wide and 200 cm long
* High speed Wifi 30-64 GB/sec
* We have one more room which we rent out so there might be one more guest staying with us at the time. Please check with us if that is a concern to you
* We do not have a microwave nor a dishwasher
* In Sweden house keys are governed by a system so they cannot be copied which means that if you loose your key they whole cylinder has to be changed and new keys made. This is the same everywhere in Sweden so even if you find your own place eventually keep this in mind since changing locks costs around two thousand - SEK.
* The tap water is drinkable
A common thing in Sweden is to take off your shoes at the door so that will be greatly appreciated.
It also keeps the house clean ;)
* Please respect that this is our home and we live here so drunk and disorderly behavior is not really OK.
Mutual respect and kindness will do just fine.
* If you drink coffee and tea please wash up the dishes and wipe off the table.
* No parties or pre-parties please.
* Smoking is OK only outside at the terrace.
We like our home very clean :)
We recycle so if you want to help keep our planet green and clean :) you are welcome to do so by throwing clean boxes and plastic in the recycling bin under the sink (no obligations though)
* Please clean the bathtub from hair etc. after using it
* Please don't store food in the room. If there is not enough place in the kitchen just tell us and we'll try to make more room.
Our and your room:
We will never go into your room without your permission. If something needs to be fixed we will ask you first.
The same way we expect you to respect our room to be private when we are not at home. In case you need anything please just ask first.
Thank you and welcome :)
We are two very nice 37-year old teachers who love music and travel :)
We are both host and travelers on Airbnb:
When we travel we will take very good care of your home.
We don't smoke and if you check out our own ad here at Airbnb you will see that we keep our home very very clean and tidy.
We have traveled all over the world and met so many good people and we hope to give you a nice travel experience. We believe that what you give is what you get and we are always keen on giving you a heartfelt welcoming smile :D
Vi är två lärare i 37-års åldern som tycker om att träffa människor från hela världen och olika delar av Sverige. Vi ska göra vårt bästa för att er vistelse i Uppsala ska bli så bra som möjligt. :)