A quiet mid-island location. With over 2 acres of forest, garden and meadow it's the perfect place to explore the island from, or relax and rejuvenate in the rhythm of nature. Walking distance to community farmland, local parks and winery.
Comfortable and modern, our walk-out level space features a bedroom with a dreamy bed, all natural bedding and walk-in closet. Natural light filters into every room. There are two outdoor patios offering space to lounge, dine and enjoy views of the Olympic Mountains, our gardens, and orchard. The bathroom has elegant limestone fossil tilework, and the kitchen/dining area is new and designed by cooks, for cooks. There is no indoor 'living room'.
There is one (1) dedicated parking space and private access to your space by a path and steps (not handicapped accessible, sorry!) We have a cart for carrying luggage and are happy to assist. Sitting area in the orchard for sunset viewing and fresh vegetables from our seasonal organic garden may be available. A short walk connects you to community trails and a stroll through a neighboring vineyard (wine tastings too!). We're close to Rollingbay, parks, and yoga classes: mid-island gives you easy access to everything!
Interaction with guests
We live in the main part of the house and love to share our home and island. We'll meet you upon arrival, and are available as needed during your stay. We respect your privacy. We have provided maps and notes of local places to see or enjoy.
Other things to note
Kitchen has the basics like spices, coffee, and home-made granola for your first morning. Laundry facilities are available upon arrangement.
Also, during gardening season we close our driveway gate at day's end for the night to discourage munching deer. It's not locked. If you find the gate closed, just push it open, pass through and kindly re-close it. Thanks!
We hope that you will feel at home and trust that you will treat our space with respect and care. We follow these rules and ask that you do the same.
- NO SMOKING OF ANY KIND. Smoking is not permitted inside or outside.
- NO CANDLES, incense, burning essential oils or any other scents please. We strive to maintain a natural setting with fresh air as our scent of choice. Also, we can't allow matches or anything that burns.
- NO PETS. Sorry, no pets allowed. We do have two cats, which you will probably see, but they are not permitted to go into the apartment.
- CONSIDER REMOVING YOUR SHOES. Bainbridge Island can be wet and muddy- if so, we would be grateful if you would remove your shoes when inside.
- LOCK DOORS & WINDOWS. Please make sure the doors and windows are locked when you leave the apartment.
- HOUSEKEEPING. While linens and towels are included in the unit and the studio is cleaned and sheets and towels changed before the arrival of each new guest, daily housekeeping is not included.
- PROPERTY. All the belongings in the unit are our tokens of travel and fun memories. If any items are missing or damaged after your stay, you will lose your deposit.
- NO PARTIES. We live in the main house of our Airbnb rental and enjoy peace and quiet in the evening. Quiet hours from 10PM - 8AM.
If issues or questions arise during your stay, please notify us immediately so that we can address these issues as soon as possible. We want to make sure you have a great stay.
*** House is privately owned. Owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries, or illnesses that occur while on premises. Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables belonging to the guests.
Bainbridge Island is home. Good food, great conversation and connecting with others are happy moments for me. Love to hike, garden, paint, create and feel gratitude for the beauty of this life.